Tel. 662-2511131-2
Home Get a Quote Know Us Better Contact Us Partner& link
Latest Offers Book Your Car Car & Renting Guide Avis Services Car Leasing Chauffeur Drive Travel Agent Avis used Car
Bangkok Cha am Hua hin Chiang mai Chiang rai Hat yai Khon kaen Krabi
Pattaya Phitsanulok Phuket Samui Suratthani Udon thani    


KALASIN : General Information

            Kalasin, the land of Pong Lang music and the famous Phrae Wa cloth, is 519 kilometres from Bangkok. It is the site of the ancient city of Fa Daet Song Yang and one of the largest concentrations of dinosaur fossils in northeastern Thailand.

       Kalasin has an area of 6,946 square kilometres. It is divided into 18 districts (Amphoe): Mueang Kalasin, Yang Talat, Kamalasai, Sahatsakhan, Kuchi Narai, Tha Khantho, Somdet, Khao Wong, Huai Mek, Kham Muang, Nong Kung Si, Na Mon, Huai Phung, Rong Kham, Na Khu, Sam Chai, Don Chan and Khong Chai.


KALASIN : How to get there

By Car

From Bangkok, take Bangkok-Saraburi-Nakhon Ratchasima route (Highway No. 2). When arriving to Nong Phai, use Highway No. 23 to Maha Sarakham, then take Highway No. 209 to Kalasin, a total distance of 519 kilometres.

By Bus

Air-conditioned buses and non air-conditioned buses depart from Bangkok's Mochit 2 Bus Terminal every day. Call 0 2936 2852-66 or visit www.transport.co.th for more information.

By Rail

Take the train from Bangkok to Khon Kaen, then catch a bus from Khon Kaen to Kalasin, a distance of 78 kilometres. The State Railway of Thailand has rapid train, express train and air-conditioned sprinter train services. For more details, call SRT at Tel. 1690, or 0 2220 4334, 0 2220 4444, Khon Kaen Railway Station, Tel. 0 4322 1112, or browse www.railway.co.th.

By Air

Thai Airways International has no direct flight from Bangkok to Kalasin but you can get a flight from Bangkok to Khon Kaen and catch a bus to Kalasin. For details, call Tel. 1566 or 0 2280 0060, 0 2628 2000 and www.thaiairways.com.

PB Air also operates daily flights from Bangkok to Roi Et, except on Tuesdays and Sundays. Then, continue by bus to Kalasin. For details, call Tel. 0 2261 0221-5 and 0 4351 8572 www.pbair.com.

KALASIN : Activities

Phu Thai Nong Hang Handicr aft Centre

It is located in Ban Nong Hang, Tambon Nong Hang, approximately 10 kilometres from Kuchinarai district. Take Highway No. 2042 for about 2 kilometres, then turn left into the paved road and drive for another 6 kilometres. Local villagers of Nong Hang form a network to weave cotton, silk as well as bamboo woven in the textile’s ‘Khit’ pattern. Some of the beautiful basketry products include ‘Krato’ – a vegetable container, ‘Kratip’ – a sticky rice container, handbags and other containers.

Namtok Tat Thong

It is located on the Khao Wong - Dong Luang – Mukdahan Road. It is a huge and beautiful waterfall with complex stone cliffs. It is most beautiful in the rainy season and is easily accessible by car.

To get there: Take Highway No. 2291 until you reach Kut Pla Khao, then turn left into Highway 2287. The waterfall is at Km. 76 on the right.

Namtok Pha Nang Khoi

It is located in Tambon Bo Kaeo. It is a huge waterfall, beautifully cascading down from the Phu Phan mountain range. It is surrounded with abundant thick forest. There is water all year round, even in the dry season.

To get there: Take Highway No. 2291 from Khao Wong Intersection, then go onto Ro Pho Cho Road where there is a signboard showing the way to Pha Nang Khoi for 13 kilometres. (Some parts are unpaved road).

Pha Sawoei

It is located on the Phu Phan mountain range in Ban Kaeng Ka-am, Tambon Pha Sawoei. It is 17 kilometres from Somdet district, and about 58 kilometres from Kalasin along the Somdet – Sakon Nakhon route on Highway No. 213, at Km. 101 – 102. Pha Sawoei was formerly called ‘Pha Rang Raeng’. In 1954, Their Majesties the King and the Queen visited the cliff and had lunch here, so the place’s name was changed to ‘Pha Sawoei’ (Sawoei is a royal term for eating). As it is located in the deep valley with a high cliff, the locals also called it ‘Heo Ham Hot’. It is a good sightseeing and relaxing spot for visitors.

Wat Phutthanimit (Phu Khao)

It is located at Ban Na Si Nuan, about 7 kilometres from Sahatsakhan and 4 kilometres from Phu Sing. It houses a rock relief of an ancient reclining Buddha image leaning on his left side, which is about 2 metres long and 25 centimetres wide. The Buddha image is highly revered by the local people. According to legend, Moggallana, a chief disciple of the Lord Buddha created this image over 2,000 years ago. Every year in April, there will be a bathing ceremony to celebrate the Buddha image. Also, the temple has an open wooden Ubosot, of which the windows, doors and ceilings are beautifully carved in 3 dimensions depicting the life of the Lord Buddha and Jataka stories. There is also Wihan Sangkhanimit which houses rare Buddha images and amulets. The temple is open for interested visitors every day.

Mueang Fa Daet Song Yang

It is situated in Ban Sema, Tambon Nong Paeng. It is 19 kilometres from the city. Take Highway No. 214 (Kalasin – Roi Et) for 13 kilometres until reaching Kamalasai district, then turn right along Highway No. 2367 for 6 kilometres, turn right again for 400 metres to reach Fa Daet Song Yang. The town is sometimes called Fa Daet Sung Yang, or some people call it Mueang Sema due to its geographical look that resembles Sema - a boundary stone. It is an ancient town surrounded by earthen mounds with the length of about 5 kilometres. The moat sits in the middle of the two earthen mounds. From archaeological findings, it was found that the town had been inhabited since the pre-history period. During the 8th - 10th Century, or the Dvaravati period, the city became more developed. Evidence for its civilization are religious ruins in and around the city such as a large number of sandstone boundary markers with bas-reliefs depicting the Jataka stories and life of the Lord Buddha. Some of these have been kept at Wat Pho Chai Semaram in the city; and some of them remain in situ. Some of them are showcased at Khon Kaen National Museum. Aside from that, there are ancient ruins scattered in and around the city such as Phrathat Yakhu and groups of chedis at Non Wat Sung, Non Fa Yat and Non Fa Daet. On 27 September, 1936, the Fine Arts Department registered Fa Daet Song Yang as an ancient monument.

Phrathat Yakhu or Phrathat Yai is the largest chedi in Fa Daet Song Yang. It is an octagonal-shaped chedi, made of bricks. Evidence shows that it was constructed for three periods. The pedestal was in a redented square shape, with staircases at the four directions and decorated with stucco built during the Dvaravati period. The upper pedestal was in an octagonal shape, built on top of the original one and supporting an old chedi of the Ayutthaya period. The body and the top were created in the Rattanakosin period. Around the Phrathat, there are boundary stones with bas-reliefs depicting the life of the Lord Buddha. For this Phrathat, local people believe that it stores the bones of a respected senior monk. It can be noticed that when Mueang Chiang Som won the battle, they destroyed everything in Fa Daet Song Yang, except for Phrathat Yakhu. For this reason, the remains of the Phrathat are still in perfect condition. In the month of May every year, there will be the annual Rocket Festival, which is the ceremony to ask for rain to make the village live in peace.

Phraya Chaisunthon Monument (Chao Somphamit)

It is located in front of the Kalasin Post Office. The life-sized monument is made from bronze in a standing position with the right hand holding a teapot, and left hand holding a magic sword. The people of Kalasin donated the money to build this monument so to express their gratitude to the founder of the city.

Lam Pao Wildlife Conservation Development and Promotion Station or Suan Sa-On

Suan Sa-on is located near Lam Pao Dam with a total area of 1,420 rai. It is quite an abundant deciduous dipterocarp forest. Inside is an open zoo in which there are indigenous wild animals including 130 bantengs, which are rare, and also other fauna like gibbons, monkeys, various kinds of domestic and migratory birds, along with nature trails. Suan Sa-on is open every day from 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., free of charge. Visitors who want to stay or do camping at the station have to ask for permission in advance by sending a letter to the Lam Pao Wildlife Conservation Development and Promotion Station at P.O. Box 120, Amphoe Mueang, Kalasin 46000; or Director of the Wildlife Conservation Office, National Park, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department. Tel. 0 2562 0760.
To get there: There are two routes to get there. Take the same route as going to Lam Pao Dam. From the dam, continue further along the crest for approximately 4 kilometres, or take the Kalasin – Sahatsakhan route (Highway No. 227) for 19 kilometres, then turn left and drive for 5 kilometres until reaching Suan Sa-on.

Lam Pao Dam

This dam can be reached by taking Highway No. 209 (Kalasin - Maha Sarakham) for 10 kilometres, turn right and drive for 26 kilometres. This earth dam is 33 metres high from water level and is 7.8 kilometres long. The dam is built across the Pao and Huai Yang rivers, creating a double reservoir. It was built to alleviate floods, help agriculture and is also used for fish breeding. The beach along the lake is a popular rest spot for locals.

Sirindhorn Museum and Phu Kum Khao Dinosaur Excavation Site

This archaeological museum is situated in the foothills of Phu Kum Khao Mountain in Sahatsakhan District, approximately 28 kilometres from Kalasin Town.

The Palaeozoic Era was two hundred million years ago, long before humans existed. Dinosaurs once lived in this area and we find their fossils underneath the sandstone bedding-plane. Hence, the museum is a research centre as well as being the most complete and largest dinosaur museum in Southeat Asia

The museum was named by Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn. A two-storey building, its interior is filled with mysterious walkways guiding visitors to travel back in time to the Palaeozoic Era. Walking through the tunnels, visitors reach various exhibition halls about Geology, the beginnings of the Earth and how it was formed, as well as the evolution of living creatures such as dinosaurs and humans.

The museum’s outstanding exhibits include life-sized skeletons of the many significant dinosaur species discovered in this area, such as Phuwiangosaurus sirindhornae, Siamosaurus suteethorni and Siamotyrannus isanensis. In addition, also displayed in the museum, is the actual archaeological dig-site where fossils of six dinosaurs were unearthed from the same bedding-plane.

The museum is open Tuesday-Sunday from 8:30-17:30. Admission is free until the official opening is announced. For further information, call 0 4387 1014, 0 4387 1613-4.

To get there, take Highway 227 (Kalasin - Sahatsakhan) for 28 kilometres. Two kilometres before Sahatsakhan, you will come to an intersection. Turn right and continue for another kilometre.

Wat Klang

It is located near Phraya Chaisunthon Monument. Wat Klang is a third-class royal temple. Within the temple’s compound, there is an Ubosot building, which was an extension from the old building. The Thai-style Ubosot is decorated with ‘Chofa’ (gable finial) and ‘Bai Raka’ (crockets). The wooden doors are carved telling the life of the Lord Buddha; while the windows tell the Jataka stories. There are stucco door guardians in the front and at the back. The Ubosot houses murals depicting the story of the Vessantara Jataka. Inside a pavilion or Sala near the Ubosot building is a black Buddha image, made from bronze with a lap of 20-inches wide. It is a beautiful Buddha image. The pedestal of the image bears an inscription in ancient Thai language stating that the image was built during the period of King Khu Na Kham. Phraya Chaisunthon took it to be the provincial image, which became highly revered by the local people. In any drought season, the local people would take the Buddha image in a procession to beg for rain.
Apart from the black Buddha image, Wat Klang also has a Buddha footprint, which is 20-inch wide and 80-inch long, made from laterite. It is believed to have been built during the Lawa period. Formerly, it was located on the bank of Lam Pao – the Pao River, near Kaeng Samrong. Later on, the bank of the river gradually collapsed, so the local people decided to relocate it to this temple.

Phutthasathan Phu Po

It is located in the compound of Wat In Prathan Phon, Tambon Phu Po, approximately 28 kilometres from Kalasin province. Travel along Highway No. 213 and then at approximately Km. 59, turn left to Ban Chot – Ban Na Chan – Na Khok Khwai for 16 kilometres. The site is where two ancient reclining Buddha images of the Dvaravati period carved on the cliff can be seen. They are the sacred images highly revered by the people of Kalasin and nearby provinces. The first image is at the foothill and the second one is on Phu Po. Apart from storing sacred Buddha images, Phu Po also features beautiful nature perfect for rest and relaxation. There is an annual ceremony to celebrate the reclining Buddha images in April every year.

Phu Faek Forest Park (Dinosaur Footprints)

Located at Mu 6, Ban Nam Kham, Tambon Phu Laen Chang, with alternate mountainous and hilly topography covered with a deciduous dipterocarp forest featuring various kinds of flora such as Makha Mong (Afzelia xylocarpa), Teng (Shorea optusa), Rang (Shorea siamensis) and rosewood; and it is easy to spot some wild animals such as squirrels, tree shrews, civets and hares. In November 1996, two girls were having lunch there with their parents and they noticed strange footprints in the middle of a rock terrace of Huai Ngao Du, at Phu Faek foothill, Phu Phan mountain range. They later informed geologists who came to survey the site. There, they discovered seven footprints of meat-eating dinosaurs, assumed to live there around 140 million years ago. At present, there are only 4 footprints that can be seen clearly. To get there: From Mueang district, take Highway No. 213 to Somdet district. Upon reaching Somdet district, turn right into Highway 2042 leading to Kuchinarai for 20 kilometres until you reach Huai Phueng. Turn left toward Na Khu along Highway No. 2101 for 10 kilometres, then turn left into Phu Faek Forest Park for 4.7 kilometres.

Phu Phra Forest Park

Situated in Tambon Na Tan, Phu Phra Forest Park was formerly a part of the Dong Mun National Forest Reserve. It features an outstanding mountain located near the villages. The Phu Phra Forest is quite a thick forest, with wild animals and a beautiful stream and view. The plain on the backside of the mountain houses an ancient stone Buddha image. Some of the interesting tourist attractions in the forest park include:

Pha Sawoei It is an expansive stone cliff, about 150-200 metres wide. It is a breathtaking sightseeing spot.

Tham Siam Sap It is a cliff cave that looks like somebody had dug the cave with a spade or ‘Siam’.

Tham Phra Rot It is a cave that occurred due to the separation of a stone cliff. Inside the cave, there is a walkway of about 2 metres wide and 30 metres long. In the past, there were monks staying and practicing dharma inside the cave.

Pha Hin Yaek It is a separating cliff of 20 metres long and 6 metres deep. The leaning cliff is also a good sightseeing spot.

Tham Phra It is a cave 30 metres in depth. The entrance is about 15 metres wide. There is a Buddha image that is highly revered by locals. Every year during the Songkran Festival, people would ascend to the cave to pour lustral water on the Buddha image to pay respect.

To get there: From Tha Khantho, take Highway No. 2299 to Km. 16, or take an Udon Thani – Kalasin bus and get off at Wat Sawang Tham Koeng in front of the forest park.

Namtok Kaeng Ka-am

This waterfall is 55 kilometres from Kalasin on the Kalasin-Sakon Nakhon route on Highway No. 213, 300 metres from the highway on the left. This is a small waterfall cascading down a long row of rocks and has a wide, open rock plateau suitable for relaxation.

Laem Non Wiset

It is the land that stretches into Lam Pao Dam’s reservoir. It is located at Tambon Non Buri, about 6 kilometres from town and about 300 metres from Wat Sakkawan. Laem Non Wiset is a good sunset watching spot. There is also a ferry service to travel between Sahatsakhan and Nong Kung Si districts. The ferry can accommodate 4 – 10 six-wheel and four-wheel vehicles, each trip taking 15-20 minutes at the following service charges:
- motorcycle 40 baht
- 4-wheel car 60 baht
- 6-wheel car 90 baht
- van 70 baht

Reclining Buddha at Phu Khao

This Buddha Image is in Wat Phuttha Nimit, Ban Na Si Nuan, Tambon Non Sila, 39 kilometres from Kalasin on Highway No. 227. There is a 6-kilometre road on the left from the highway. This ancient reclining Buddha image was carved under a cliff. This image is unusual to other reclining images in that it is leaning on its left hand rather than on its right hand. It was built in 1692.

Phu Sing

Phu Sing is 32 kilometres to the north of Kalasin on Highway No. 227. Visitors can either drive to the top or ascend the 104 steps. The hill is where Phra Phrom Phumi Palo is located. It is a large image in the Man Wichai (demon defeat) that is 10.5 metres wide and is clearly visible from below. The surrounding area is shady and offers a lovely panoramic view.

Ban Khok Kong Phu-Thai Village

The Phu-Thai is an Isan tribe which has its own culture, language and now gives you the opportunity to visit the village and stay for a night or two in the houses of the villagers. Food is included (its traditional Lao food but with choice of more western one). You can watch the show that all the villagers participate in traditional monkey dancing by the children and Phu-Thai music and dances performed by the women of the village. The ways of weaving and crafting are also on display. Two minutes walk from villages centre is a forest park with waterfalls and streams.

To Get There: Ban Khok Kong is 15 kilometres east of Kuchinarai district. The village can be reached by a bus from Khon Kaen or by contacting the village itself.

Public Transport :

1. From Bangkok, travel by or train to Khon Kaen, then take the bus which runs to Mukdahan and tell the driver to stop at Ban Na Krai and then motorbike taxi to the village, or

2. From Bangkoks Mochit Bus Terminal, take the Bangkok-Mukdahan bus and go down at Ban Bua Khao, then take big pick-up (Song Thaeo in Thai) or motorbike taxi to the village.

For more information, contact E-mail: Eran777@yahoo.com or Tel: 0 4385 2003 to ask for Khun Soen.

Ban Phon Phrae Wa Silk

This village is located 70 kilometres from Kalasin on Highway No. 227. It is famous for beautiful woven cloth. It is unique to the Phu Thai tribe whose ancestors migrated from the city of Thaeng in Vietnam. The cloth is made of Mat Mi silk and shows exemplary workmanship. It is divided into two patterns: Lai Lak (principal pattern) and Lai Thaep (stripe pattern). The colour of Phrae Wa silk is not only in red as it used to be, but there are many more colours that fit the market needs such as beige, pink, purple, blue and green. It can be considered that Phrae Wa silk is a rare handcrafted textile product in Thailand. H.M. Queen Sirikit has been supporting and promoting silk until it has become known locally and internationally.

Phrathat Yakhu

or Phrathat Yai is the largest chedi in Fa Daet Song Yang. It is an octagonal-shaped chedi, made of bricks. Evidence shows that it was constructed for three periods. The pedestal was in a redented square shape, with staircases at the four directions and decorated with stucco built during the Dvaravati period. The upper pedestal was in an octagonal shape, built on top of the original one and supporting an old chedi of the Ayutthaya period. The body and the top were created in the Rattanakosin period. Around the Phrathat, there are boundary stones with bas-reliefs depicting the life of the Lord Buddha. For this Phrathat, local people believe that it stores the bones of a respected senior monk. It can be noticed that when Mueang Chiang Som won the battle, they destroyed everything in Fa Daet Song Yang, except for Phrathat Yakhu. For this reason, the remains of the Phrathat are still in perfect condition. In the month of May every year, there will be the annual Rocket Festival, which is the ceremony to ask for rain to make the village live in peace.
Wat Pho Chai Semaram or Wat Ban Kom is situated at Ban Sema, opposite the entrance to Fa Daet Song Yang. It is an old temple with a huge collection of old boundary stones of gigantic sizes, which are unique for the northeastern region. The boundary stones found in Fa Daet Song Yang are different from those discovered in other regions, as they were usually carved telling Jataka stories and the life of the Lord Buddha. There is one most beautiful boundary stone depicting the story when the Lord Buddha came back to Kapilavasdu. The boundary stone depicts King Suddhodhana (his father), Rahula (his son) and Yashodhara Pimpa (his wife) paying the greatest respect to the Lord Buddha, with Yashodhara Pimpa using her hair to clean the Buddha’s feet. As such, this boundary stone is called ‘Pimpa Philap’ (crying Pimpa). The original of this beautiful boundary marker is now located at the Khon Kaen National Museum.

Fa Daet Song Yang

This ancient town is a on Highway No. 214 (Kalasin-Roi Et). From Kalasin, drive for 13 kilometres to Kamalasai, then turn right and drive for 6 kilometres. The present location is Ban Sema, Tambon Nong Paen. There is evidence of a settlement in prehistoric times, the area flourishing during the Dvaravati period circa the 13th-15th Buddhist century. The layout of the town is like a heart-shaped stone that defines a temples boundary. There are two rows of moats. Ruins have been found inside and outside the town area. The most complete ruin is Phra That Yakhu, a brick pagoda. Sandstone temple markers with and without designs have been found here and are now housed in Wat Pho Chai Semaram in the village and in the Khon Kaen National Museum. In addition, amulets and tobacco pipes made of fired clay and bronze were unearthed here.

Wat Si Bun Ruang

This temple is an old temple in the municipality. Some heart-shaped stones that marked the limits of a temple in Fa Daet Song Yang are kept here, the most beautiful being the one with an angel flying above a castle and a king and his family portrayed in the lower part. This is traditional northeastern art.

Phraya Chai Sunthon Monument

This monument is in front of the post office in the city. The life-sized monument is made from bronze in a standing position with the right hand holding a teapot, and left hand holding a magic sword. The people of Kalasin donated the money to build this monument so to express their gratitude to the founder of the city.Phraya Chai Sunthon or Thao Somphamit evacuated people from the left bank of the Mekong River to settle along the Pao River over 200 years ago.

Kalasin Museum

Located at the former city hall of Kalasin, the museum was established by Mr. Chairat Mapraneet, Governor of Kalasin province, with an aim to show the collections of good things in Kalasin. The museum features a lecture room, governor’s room, religious room, room to honour H.M. the Queen, room showcasing ways of life of the Phu Thai people, Wichit Phrae Wa room, handicraft room, room for demonstration of Phrae Wa silk, and sales of souvenirs. The museum is open every Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Tel. 0 4381 1695.

Ban Phokhru Plueang Chairatsami

Located at 229/4, Kaset Sombun Road, Tambon Kalasin. Khru Plueang Chairatsami was declared a National Artist in 1986 in the field of folk music. He built a farmer’s hut to be used as a traditional music school. The hut also displays traditional musical instruments such as Phin (lute), Khaen (reed organ), So (bowed stringed instrument) and Pong Lang (northeastern style xylophone). It is also used as accommodation for students from other areas who come to study traditional music. Khru Plueang is considered the pride of the people of Kalasin and is the legend of Pong Lang of Kalasin, the northeastern-style music which has been continued by him for over two decades. He also created new styles of folk music such as Mak Kalong – a musical instrument made from a string of cow’s bells to make the musical sound. For details, call Tel. 0 4382 0366.

Arts, Culture and Tourism Promotion Centre

This is an information centre in Thirawat Hospital and provides knowledge to those interested in local arts and culture of Kalasin. There are displays of the way of life of locals and people in the Northeast, as well as local products for sale.

กาฬสินธุ์ : ข้อมูลทั่วไป

มืองฟ้าแดดสงยาง โปงลางเลิศล้ำ วัฒนธรรมผู้ไทย ผ้าไหมแพรวา ผาเสวยภูพาน
มหาธารลำปาว ไดโนเสาร์สัตว์โลกล้านป

        กาฬสินธุ์ เป็นจังหวัดที่มีความอุดมสมบูรณ์จังหวัดหนึ่งในภาคอีสาน จากหลักฐานทางโบราณคดีบ่งบอกว่าเคยเป็นที่อยู่อาศัยของเผ่าละว้า ซึ่งมีความเจริญทางด้านอารยธรรมประมาณ 1,600 ปี จากหลักฐานทางประวัติศาสตร์เริ่มตั้งเป็นเมืองในสมัยรัตนโกสินทร์ เมื่อปี พ.ศ. 2336 โดยท้าวโสมพะมิตร ได้อพยพหลบภัยมาจากดินแดนฝั่งซ้ายแม่น้ำโขงพร้อมไพร่พล และมาตั้งบ้านเรือนอยู่ริมน้ำปาว เรียกว่า “บ้านแก่งสำโรง” แล้วได้นำเครื่องบรรณาการเข้าถวายสวามิภักดิ์ต่อพระบาทสมเด็จพระพุทธยอดฟ้า จุฬาโลกมหาราช ต่อมาได้รับพระกรุณาโปรดเกล้า ยกฐานะบ้านแก่งสำโรงขึ้นเป็นเมือง และพระราชทานนามว่า “เมืองกาฬสินธุ์” หรือ “เมืองน้ำดำ” ซึ่งเป็นเมืองที่สำคัญทางประวัติศาสตร์มาตั้งแต่สมัยโบราณกาล “กาฬ” แปลว่า “ดำ” “สินธุ์” แปลว่า “น้ำ” กาฬสินธุ์จึงแปลว่า “น้ำดำ” ทั้งมีพระบรมราชโองการโปรดเกล้าโปรดกระหม่อมแต่งตั้งให้ท้าวโสมพะมิตรเป็น “พระยาชัยสุนทร” ครองเมืองกาฬสินธุ์เป็นคนแรกกาฬสินธุ์อยู่ห่างจากกรุงเทพฯ 519 กิโลเมตร แบ่งการปกครองออกเป็น 18 คือ อำเภอเมืองกาฬสินธุ์ อำเภอยางตลาด อำเภอกมลาไสย อำเภอสหัสขันธ์ อำเภอสมเด็จ อำเภอกุฉินารายณ์ อำเภอท่าคันโท อำเภอเขาวง อำเภอห้วยเม็ก อำเภอคำม่วง อำเภอหนองกุงศรี อำเภอนามน อำเภอห้วยผึ้ง อำเภอร่องคำ อำเภอสามชัย อำเภอนาคู อำเภอดอนจาน และอำเภอฆ้องชัย จังหวัดกาฬสินธุ์มีเนื้อที่ทั้งหมด 7,055.07 ตารางกิโลเมตร ลักษณะภูมิประเทศตอนบนเป็นภูเขาตามแนวเทือกเขาภูพาน ตอนกลางเป็นเนินเขาสลับป่าโปร่ง


ทิศเหนือ ติดต่อจังหวัดอุดรธานี สกลนคร
ทิศใต้ ติดต่อจังหวัดร้อยเอ็ด มหาสารคาม
ทิศตะวันออก ติดต่อจังหวัดร้อยเอ็ด มุกดาหาร
ทิศตะวันตก ติดต่อจังหวัดมหาสารคาม ขอนแก่น และอุดรธานี


  1. ที่ทำการไปรษณีย์กาฬสินธุ์ โทร. 0 4381 1142-3
  2. โรงพยาบาลกาฬสินธุ์ โทร. 0 4381 1020
  3. สถานีเดินรถโดยสารประจำทาง โทร. 0 4381 1298,0 4381 3451,0 4381 2191,0 4381 1070
  4. สถานีตำรวจภูธร 0 4381 1111,0 4381 2191
  5. สำนักงานเทศบาลเมือง โทร. 0 4381 1284,
  6. สำนักงานจังหวัดกาฬสินธุ์ โทร. 0 4381 1695,0 4381 5331

Link ที่น่าสนใจ


กาฬสินธุ์ : ข้อมูลการเดินทาง
ข้อมูลการเดินทางของ จ. กาฬสินธุ์

จากกรุงเทพฯ-กาฬสินธุ์ ใช้เส้นทาง กรุงเทพฯ-สระบุรี-นครราชสีมา (ทางหลวงหมายเลข 2) ถึงอำเภอบ้านไผ่ จังหวัดขอนแก่น ต่อด้วยเส้นทางหลวงหมายเลข 23 ทางหลวงหมายเลข 213และ 209 มหาสารคาม-กาฬสินธุ์ รวมระยะทาง 519 กิโลเมตร

นักท่อง เที่ยวสามารถลงได้ที่สถานีรถไฟขอนแก่น จากขอนแก่นต่อรถโดยสารประจำทางเข้าจังหวัดกาฬสินธุ์ประมาณ 78กิโลเมตร สอบถามรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมได้ที่ หน่วยบริการเดินทางของการรถไฟแห่งประเทศไทย โทร. 1690, 0 2223 7010,0 2223 7020 สถานีรถไฟขอนแก่น โทร. 0 43 22 1112 www.railway.co.th

บริษัท ขนส่ง จำกัด เปิดบริการเดินรถกรุงเทพฯ-กาฬสินธุ์ทุกวัน สอบถามรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมได้ที่ สถานีขนส่ง จตุจักร(หมอชิต 2) โทร. 0 2936 2852-66 www.transport.co.th

จังหวัดกาฬสินธุ์ไม่มีสนามบิน นักท่องเที่ยวสามารถลงได้ที่จังหวัดร้อยเอ็ด แล้วต่อรถโดยสายประจำทางไปจังหวัดกาฬสินธุ์ระยะทางประมาณ 50 กิโลเมตร สอบถามตารางเที่ยวบินได้ที่สายการบิน พี บี แอร์ โทร. 0 2261 0220 ต่อ 201-210 สำนักงานร้อยเอ็ด โทร. 0 4351 8572 www.pbair.com

การคมนาคมภายในตัวจังหวัด จ.กาฬสินธุ์

มีรถ 3 ล้อถีบรับจ้างอยู่ทั่วไป และยังมีรถโดยสารประจำทางวิงระหว่างตัวจังหวัดไปยังอำเภอต่างๆ อีกด้วย

การเดินทางจากอำเภอเมืองกาฬสินธุ์ไปยังอำเภอต่าง ๆ

  1. อำเภอกมลาไสย 12 กิโลเมตร
  2. อำเภอยางตลาด 16 กิโลเมตร
  3. อำเภอสหัสขันธ์ 39 กิโลเมตร
  4. อำเภอร่องคำ 39 กิโลเมตร
  5. อำเภอสมเด็จ 40 กิโลเมตร
  6. อำเภอนามน 42 กิโลเมตร
  7. อำเภอห้วยเม็ก 48 กิโลเมตร
  8. อำเภอห้วยผึ้ง 60 กิโลเมตร
  9. อำเภอหนองกุงศรี 62 กิโลเมตร
  10. อำเภอกุฉินารายณ์ 79 กิโลเมตร
  11. อำเภอคำม่วง 81 กิโลเมตร
  12. อำเภอสามชัย 85 กิโลเมตร
  13. อำเภอนาค 88 กิโลเมตร
  14. อำเภอท่าคันโท 99 กิโลเมตร

กาฬสินธุ์ : สถานที่ท่องเที่ยวต่างๆ


เมื่อ วันที่ 16 พฤศจิกายน 2539 เด็กหญิงสองคนพร้อมด้วย ผู้ปกครองไปทานข้าวในวันหยุด ได้พบรอยเท้าประหลาดกลางลานหินลำห้วยเหง้าดู่ เชิงเขาภูแฝก บริเวณเทือกเขาภูพาน บ้านน้ำคำ ตำบลภูแล่นช้าง กิ่งอำเภอนาคู หลังจากนั้นได้แจ้งให้เจ้าหน้าที่นักธรณีวิทยาพร้อมด้วยส่วนราชการ และเอกชน จ.กาฬสินธุ์ ได้เดินทางไปสำรวจจึงพบว่าเป็นรอยเท้าไดโนเสาร์ ประเภทเทอร์โรพอด 7 รอย จัดอยู่ในกลุ่มคาร์โนซอร์ชนิดกินเนื้อ อายุประมาณ 140 ล้านปี


เป็น น้ำตกขนาดใหญ่ไหลมาจากเทือกเขาภูพาน แบ่งเป็นชั้นๆ มีความสวยงามมาก สภาพป่าโดยรอบเขียวขจีอุดมสมบูรณ์ และลักษณะเด่นคือ มีน้ำไหลตลอดปีแม้ในฤดูแล้ง

การเดินทาง จากสี่แยกอำเภอเขาวงทางหลวงหมายเลข 2291 เดินทางเข้าทาง รพช. มีป้ายตรงไปน้ำตกผานางคอยระยะทางประมาณ 13 กิโลเมตร (ทางบางช่วงจะเป็นลูกรัง)


อยู่ ในเขตอำเภอเขาวง บนเส้นทาง เขาวงดงหลวง-มุกดาหาร เป็นน้ำตกที่มีความสวยงามด้วยโขดหินสลับซับซ้อน ในฤดูฝนจะเป็นช่วงที่สวยงามที่สุด น้ำตกตาดทองจะจัดให้มีงานขึ้นทุกๆ ปี ในช่วงเดือนตุลาคม รถยนต์สามารถเดินทางเข้าถึงน้ำตกได้โดยสะดวก

การเดินทาง เดินทางตามทางหลวงหมายเลข 2291 ถึงสามแยกกุดปลาเค้าเลี้ยวซ้ายเข้าทางหลวงหมายเลข 2287 กิโลเมตรที่ 76 น้ำตกจะอยู่ทางขวามือ


อยู่ ห่างจากจังหวัดกาฬสินธุ์ 70 กิโลเมตร ตามทางหลวงหมายเลข 227 ผ้าแพรวาเป็นผ้าไหมลายมัดหมี่ที่มีลายเอกลักษณ์เฉพาะตัวของกลุ่มทอผ้าชาวผู้ ไทยบ้านโพนแบ่งออกเป็น 2 ลาย ได้แก่ ลายหลัก และลายแถบ ส่วนสีของผ้าแพรวามิได้มีเพียงสีแดงเท่านั้น ปัจจุบันนี้มีการให้สีต่างๆ มากขึ้นตามความต้องการของตลาด เช่น สีครีม สีชมพูอ่อน สีม่วง สีน้ำเงิน สีเขียว เป็นต้น ซึ่งนับได้ว่าการทอผ้าแพรวาเป็นงานศิลปหัตถกรรมประเภทสิ่งทอที่หาได้น้อย แห่งในประเทศไทย ต่อมาสมเด็จพระนางเจ้าฯพระบรมราชินีนาถ ทรงสนับสนุนจนเป็นที่แพร่หลายทั้งในประเทศและต่างประเทศ


เดิน ทางจากอำเภอกุฉินารายณ์ ไปตามถนนหมายเลข 2042 ประมาณ 12 กิโลเมตร ถึงบ้านนาไคร้ เลี้ยวซ้ายเข้าไปประมาณ 3 กิโลเมตร หมู่บ้านวัฒนธรรมไทยโคกโก่ง เป็นหมู่บ้านที่มีการอนุรักษ์วัฒนธรรมชาวผู้ไทย เปิดต้อนรับนักท่องเที่ยวที่สนใจท่องเที่ยวเชิงอนุรักษ์ได้พักแรม (home stay) สัมผัสวิถีชีวิตชาวบ้าน กิจกรรมที่จัดให้ได้แก่ พิธีบายศรีสู่ขวัญ พิธีเหยา (การรักษาผู้ป่วย) ประเพณีลงข่วง รับประทานอาหารพื้นบ้านแบบพาแลง ชมการแสดงศิลปพื้นบ้าน และเพลิดเพลินกับการเดินชมป่าเขาลำเนาไพร น้ำตกตาดสูง-ตาดยาว ศึกษาธรรมชาติพรรณไม้และพืชสมุนไพรท้องถิ่น ตามเส้นทางเดินป่าในวนอุทยานภูผาวัว เขตรักษาพันธ์สัตว์ป่าภูสีฐาน ผู้สนใจสามารถสอบถามรายละเอียดได้ที่ โทร. 0 4381 9500


อยู่ บนเทือกเขาภูพาน เขตบ้านแก้งกะอาม ตำบลผาเสวย อำเภอสมเด็จ ห่างจากที่ว่าการอำเภอสมเด็จ 17 กิโลเมตร หรืออยู่ห่างจากจังหวัดกาฬสินธุ์ ประมาณ 58 กิโลเมตร เส้นทางสายสมเด็จ-สกลนคร เดิมชาวบ้านเรียกว่า “ผารังแร้ง” เมื่อ พ.ศ. 2497 พระบาทสมเด็จพระเจ้าอยู่หัวและสมเด็จพระนางเจ้าฯ พระบรมราชินีนาถ ได้เสด็จผ่านและเสวยพระกระยาหารกลางวัน จึงเรียกที่ประทับนั้นว่า “ผาเสวย” ลักษณะตั้งอยู่บนเหวลึก หน้าผาสูงชัน ชาวบ้านเรียกว่า “เหวหำหด” บนหน้าผาเสวยสามารถชมทัศนียภาพและเป็นที่พักผ่อนได้เป็นอย่างดี


อยู่ บนยอดเขาภูสิงห์ ห่างจากตัวเมืองไปทางเหนือประมาณ 34 กิโลเมตร ตามทางหลวงหมายเลข 2319 มีทางขึ้น 2 ทาง คือ ทางลาดยางคดเคี้ยวขึ้นตามไหล่เขาทางทิศตะวันตก และทางเดินเท้าทำเป็นบันได 401 ขั้น ทางทิศตะวันออก เป็นสถานที่พักผ่อนที่ร่มรื่นล้อมรอบด้วยธรรมชาติ ทั้งยังมองเห็นทิวทัศน์ของทุ่งนา หมู่บ้านและน้ำในเขื่อนลำปาวอันสวยงามอีกด้วย พุทธสถานภูสิงห์เป็นที่ประดิษฐานพระพรหมภูมิปาโล ซึ่งเป็นพระพุทธรูปปางมารวิชัย หน้าตักกว้าง 10.5 เมตร มีพระวรกายสง่างาม เป็นสถานที่พักผ่อนที่ร่มรื่น


เดิม เรียกว่า “ธาตุใหญ่” เป็นพระสถูปสมัยทวาราวดี (ราวพุทธศตวรรษที่ 13-15) ตั้งอยู่กลางทุ่งนาทิศเหนือบ้านเสมา อำเภอกมลาไสย ห่างจากจังหวัดกาฬสินธุ์ประมาณ 19 กิโลเมตร เป็นศิลปะการก่อสร้างแบบทวาราวดี ทำด้วยอิฐดิน ฐานเป็นรูป 8 เหลี่ยมย่อมุมไม้สิบสอง ขนาดฐานกว้าง 10 เมตร ยาว 10 เมตร สร้างซ้อนกันเป็นลักษณะแบบจตุรมุขสูงจากฐานถึงยอด 8 เมตร เชื่อกันว่าเป็นเจดีย์บรรจุอัฐิของพระเถระผู้ใหญ่ที่ชาวเมืองเคารพนับถือ สังเกตได้จากเมื่อเมืองเชียงโสมชนะสงคราม ได้ทำลายทุกสิ่งทุกอย่างในเมืองฟ้าแดดแต่ไม่ได้ทำลายพระธาตุยาคู จึงเป็นโบราณสถานที่ยังคงสภาพค่อนข้างสมบูรณ์ ซึ่งต่อมาได้มีการบูรณะ ชาวบ้านจะจัดให้มีงานเทศกาลเป็นประจำทุกปีในระหว่างเดือนเมษายนถึงพฤษภาคม เพื่อเป็นการขอฝนและความร่มเย็นของหมู่บ้าน


เมือง ฟ้าแดดสงยาง ตั้งอยู่ที่บ้านเสมา ตำบลหนองแปง ห่างจากตัวจังหวัด 19 กิโลเมตร ตามเส้นทางหมายเลข 214 (กาฬสินธุ์-ร้อยเอ็ด) ระยะทาง 13 กิโลเมตร ถึงอำเภอกมลาไสย เลี้ยวขวาตามทางหลวงหมายเลข 2367 ระยะทาง 6 กิโลเมตร แล้วเลี้ยวขวาเข้าซอยอีกประมาณ 400 เมตร เมืองฟ้าแดดสงยางหรือที่เรียกเพี้ยนเป็นฟ้าแดดสูงยาง บางแห่งเรียกเมืองเสมาเนื่องจากแผนผังของเมืองมีรูปร่างคล้ายใบเสมา เป็นเมืองโบราณที่มีคันดินล้อมรอบ 2ชั้น ความยาวของคันดินโดยรอบประมาณ 5 กิโลเมตร คูน้ำจะอยู่ตรงกลางคันดินทั้งสอง จากหลักฐานโบราณคดีที่ค้นพบ ทำให้ทราบว่ามีการอยู่อาศัยภายในเมืองมาตั้งแต่สมัยก่อนประวัติศาสตร์ แล้วได้เจริญรุ่งเรืองมากขึ้นในสมัยทวารวดีราวพุทธศตวรรษที่ 13-15 ดังหลักฐานทางพุทธศาสนาที่ปรากฏโดยทั่วไปทั้งภายในและนอกเมือง เช่น ใบเสมาหินทราย จำหลักภาพเรื่องชาดก และพุทธประวัติจำนวนมาก บางส่วนเก็บไว้ที่วัดโพธิ์ชัยเสมารามซึ่งอยู่ภายในเมือง บางแห่งอยู่ในตำแหน่งดั้งเดิมที่พบ และบางส่วนก็นำไปเก็บรักษาและจัดแสดงที่พิพิธภัณฑ์สถานแห่งชาติขอนแก่น นอกจากนั้นยังมีซากศาสนสถานกระจัดกระจายอยู่ทั่วไปภายในเมืองและนอกเมือง เช่นพระธาตุยาคู และกลุ่มเจดีย์บริเวณศาสนสถานที่โนนวัดสูง โนนฟ้าหยาด และโนนฟ้าแดด กรมศิลปากรได้ประกาศขึ้นทะเบียนเมืองฟ้าแดดสงยางเป็นโบราณสถานเมื่อวันที่ 27 กันยายน 2479

พระธาตุยาคู หรือพระธาตุใหญ่ เป็นเจดีย์ที่ใหญ่ที่สุดในเมืองฟ้าแดดสงยาง ลักษณะเป็นเจดีย์ทรงแปดเหลี่ยมก่อด้วยอิฐปรากฏการก่อสร้าง 3 สมัยด้วยกันคือ ส่วนฐานเป็นรูปสี่เหลี่ยมย่อมุม มีบันไดทางขึ้น 4 ทิศ มีปูนปั้นประดับสร้างในสมัยทวารวดี ถัดขึ้นมาเป็นฐานรูปแปดเหลี่ยมซึ่งสร้างซ้อนทับบนฐานเดิมเป็นรูปแบบเจดีย์ใน สมัยอยุธยา ส่วนองค์ระฆังและส่วนยอดสร้างในสมัยรัตนโกสินทร์ รอบ ๆ องค์พระธาตุพบใบเสมาแกะสลักภาพนูนต่ำเรื่องพุทธประวัติ ชาวบ้านเชื่อกันว่าในองค์พระธาตุบรรจุอัฐิของพระเถระผู้ใหญ่ที่ชาวเมือง เคารพนับถือ สังเกตได้จากเมื่อเมืองเชียงโสมชนะสงคราม ได้ทำลายทุกสิ่งทุกอย่างในเมืองฟ้าแดดแต่ไม่ได้ทำลายพระธาตุยาคู จึงเป็นโบราณสถานที่ยังคงสภาพค่อนข้างสมบูรณ์ ชาวบ้านจะจัดให้มีงานประเพณีบุญบั้งไฟเป็นประจำทุกปีในเดือนพฤษภาคม เพื่อเป็นการขอฝนและความร่มเย็นให้กับหมู่บ้าน

สถานีศึกษาธรรมชาติและสัตว์ป่าลำปาว (สวนสะออน)

อยู่ บริเวณทิศตะวันออกของอ่างเก็บน้ำเขื่อนลำปาว มีเนื้อที่ 1,420 ไร่ เป็นสวนป่าธรรมชาติ หน่วยงานราชการที่เกี่ยวข้อง เช่น การท่องเที่ยวแห่งประเทศไทย กรมป่าไม้ กรมชลประทาน กรมทางหลวง ได้ร่วมกันดำเนินการจัดตั้งอุทยานแห่งชาติสวนสัตว์เปิด ได้นำสัตว์ป่าชนิดต่างๆ มาปล่อยไว้ให้อยู่แบบธรรมชาติดั้งเดิม มี “วัวแดง” เป็นสัตว์ป่าที่เป็นเอกลักษณ์ของสถานีฯ สภาพของป่าเป็นป่าเต็งรังหรือป่าแดงมีสภาพค่อนข้างสมบูรณ์ ซึ่งเปิดให้เข้าชมทุกวัน เวลา 07.00-18.00 น. ไม่เสียค่าเข้าชม การใช้บ้านพักของสถานีฯ และตั้งแค้มป์พักแรมต้องขออนุญาตเจ้าหน้าที่สถานีฯ หรือทำจดหมายขออนุญาตล่วงหน้าส่งไปที่ สถานีศึกษาธรรมชาติและสัตว์ป่าลำปาว ตู้ ป.ณ. 120 อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดกาฬสินธุ์ 46000 หรือผู้อำนวยการส่วนอนุรักษ์ทรัพยากรธรรมชาติ กรมป่าไม้ เขตบางเขน กรุงเทพฯ โทร.0 2562 0760 www.dnp.go.th ซึ่งสามารถเดินทางได้สองเส้นทาง คือ ตามเส้นทางไปเขื่อนลำปาว เมื่อถึงตัวเขื่อนจะมีทางเลียบสันเขื่อนไปอีกประมาณ 4 กิโลเมตร หรือใช้เส้นทางกาฬสินธุ์-สหัสขันธ์ (ทางหลวง 227) ประมาณ 19 กิโลเมตร และมีทางแยกซ้ายไปสวนสะออนอีกประมาณ 5 กิโลเมตร


ตั้ง อยู่ตำบลภูปอ อำเภอเมืองกาฬสินธุ์ ห่างจากจังหวัดกาฬสินธุ์ไปทางทิศเหนือประมาณ 28 กิโลเมตร ตามเส้นทางหมายเลข 2319 เป็นที่ประดิษฐานพระพุทธรูปโบราณปางไสยาสน์ ฝีมือช่างจากสมัยทวารวดี จำหลักบนหน้าผา 2 องค์ เป็นที่เคารพบูชาของชาวจังหวัดกาฬสินธุ์และใกล้เคียง อง