Tel. 662-2511131-2
Home Get a Quote Know Us Better Contact Us Partner& link
Latest Offers Book Your Car Car & Renting Guide Avis Services Car Leasing Chauffeur Drive Travel Agent Avis used Car
Bangkok Cha am Hua hin Chiang mai Chiang rai Hat yai Khon kaen Krabi Nakhon Si Thammarat
Pattaya Phitsanulok Phuket Samui Suratthani Trang Udon Thani Ubon Ratchathani    


PHETCHABURI : General Information

            Phetchaburi, locally known by Thais as Muang Phetch, is located 160 kilometers south of Bangkok.

    One of Thailands central region provinces, Phetchaburi is situated on the western shore of the Gulf of Thailand with an overall area of approximately 6,225 square kilometers. Its terrains throughout the western border, where Tanaosri Range lies as a natural border between Thailand and Myanmar, are mountainous dense jungles. In the east, there is an 80-kilometer long coastline towards the Gulf of Thailand.

A very old city which used to be an important royal fort town, Phetchaburi had been given several names such as, Phripphri, Phripphli or Phetchaphli. Some historians have gone as far as to say that Phetchaburi could have been named in Indian style, as the Indian influence in those days day was strong. Others put forward the idea that the name Phetchaburi might have originated from Maenam Phetch the most important river of the town.

Whatever the assumptions are, the fact that Phetchaburi is an ancient city with a very long history is undeniable. This has been proven by many archaeological findings which could be dated back to the Dvaravati Period.

During Sukhothai and Ayutthaya Kingdoms, Phetchaburi was a strategic royal fort in the west. Only a lineage of Kings had the rights to rule this historical city. That is why Phetchaburi has been called by some scholars as the "Living Ayutthaya" as the town shares many similar things to the City of Ayutthaya. The prosperity of the Ayutthaya Kingdom can be seen and appreciated in Phetchaburi's wealth of fine old temples.

In the Rattanakosin Era, Phetchaburi has changed its character to a town of charming beauty, with peaceful seaside resorts and superb natural reserves. The three Kings of the Rattanakosin Period, King Rama IV, V, and VI established their retreats here. They built the three palaces namely Phranakhonkhiri, Phraramrajanivet, Phrarajnivesmarugadayawan in Phetchaburi thus, Phetchaburi is also known as Muang Sam Wang (the city of the three Palaces). The province is also well known for its splendid historical park, ancient temples, wonderful beaches and caves, as well as a great variety of local and fresh seafood. Phetchaburi also has a popular resort town, Cha-am which is the premier beach resort in the province.

The majority of the local residents are engaged in agricultural activities including rice farming, upland crop farming, fruit farming, palm sugar production, animal husbandry and sea and fresh water fisheries.

There are three important Maenam in Phetchaburi including "Maenam Phetchaburi with an overall length of 227 kilometers, "Maenam Bang Kloy", with an overall length of 44 kilometers, and "Maenam Bang Tabun", with an overall length of 18 kilometers.

PHETCHABURI : How to get there

Distance from Amphoe Mueang to Other Districts :

Tha Yang
Ban Laem
Ban Lat
Khao Yoi
Nong Ya Plong
Kaeng Krachan
Hua Hin

Getting to Phetchaburi and around
By Car from Bangkok:

Drive along Highway No. 35 (Thon Buri-Pak Tho) passing Samut Sakhon and Samut Songkhram Provinces and then take Highway No. 4 to Phetchaburi Province. The total distance is 123 kilometers. Alternatively, it is possible to travel via Nakhon Pathom and Ratchaburi Provinces.

By Bus from Bangkok:

There are buses leaving regularly from the Southern Bus Terminal in Thonburi for 50 baht (ordinary) on the new road, 46 baht on the old road (via Ratchaburi and Nakhon Pathom), 60 baht for 2nd Class air-conditionedditioned and 75 baht for 1st Class air-conditioned. The bus takes about 2 1/2 hours to reach the destination. Contact 0 2435 1199-200 or Phetchaburi Tour, Tel: 0 2435 7408 for more details.

By Bus to Cha-am and Hua Hin:

There are several buses depart from Phetchaburi's city, fares ranging from 18 baht (25 air-conditioned) to 22 bahts (31 air-conditioned). It takes 60 and 90 minutes to reach the destinations respectively.

By Train from Bangkok:

Trains leave Bangkok's Hualamphong Station at 12.20 p.m. (rapid train), 2.15 and 2.35 p.m. (special express), 3.50, 5.35 and 6.20 p.m. (rapid trains), 7.15 p.m. (express), 10.30 and 10.50 p.m. (express diesel railcar). All these trains offer 1st, 2nd and 3rd class seating except for the 2.35 p.m. special express (1st and 2nd class only) and the 10.30 and 10.50 p.m. express diesel railcar (2nd class only) and take about three hours to reach Phetchaburi. Fares are 34 baht, 78 baht and 153 baht, not including rapid or express surcharges. Call 1690 or visit www.railway.co.th for more details.

There is no ordinary train service between Hualamphong and Phetchaburi, but there are three ordinary 3rd class trains daily from Thonburi (Bangkok Noi) Station at 7.45 a.m. and 1.30 and 2.00 p.m. (34 baht, no surcharges).

Getting Around Phetchaburi and Cha-am

Samlors and taxis (motorcycles) can go anywhere in the center of town for 20 baht. It is possible to charter one for the whole day for 150 baht. Shared songthaews cost 6 baht around town including to and from the railway station.

PHETCHABURI : Festival & Event

Phra Nakhon Khiri Muang Phet Fair
Date : 10 - 19 April 2009
Venue : Khao Wang and Around the City Limit of Phetchaburi

"Khao Wang" is a hill located in the heart of Phetchaburi city, it is the location of frist hill palace of Thailand. "Phra Nakhon Khiri" palace was built by King Chomklao (Mongkut), or the Rama IV reign, in 1859, with Chao Phaya Sri Suriyawong (Chuang Bunnag) was the chief architect. It was builtl with a palace temple, Wat Phra Keo Noi, a stupa, to contain the relics of Lord Buddha named by the Kings as Chompetch relics and planted temple trees on both sides connecting the three hills and the group of the throne halls.

Phra Nakhon Khiri is a main tourist attraction of Phetchaburi with importance in  history, culture and natural beauty. In 1935 it was registered as a historical place and in 1979 was declared as a national museum of the monument type. every year from Febuary through April the temple trees on Khao Wang hill almost 200 years old numbering 1,263 trees all showed off more than one million flowers.

Phra Nakhon Khiri or Khao Wang hill has been the place of the annual fair of Phetchaburi continuously up to 22 times. In 2009 it will reach the 150th anniversary. The 2009 annual fair uses the concept of "150th Anniversary to Mark King Rama IV" scheduled to be held from April 10-19, 2009 at Khao Wang and around the city limit of Phetchaburi. It combines with the Phetchaburi Red Cross Fair for the public and tourists to participate in the activities and make merits with the Phetchaburi Red Cross Society.

Activities at Phra Nakhon Khiri - Phetchaburi City
The ceremony is to worship the city pillar shrine/the ancestral kings, exhibition to honor the ancestral kings and sustainable economy, the performances of Department of Fine Arts, a parade to honor the kings and the Phetchaburi way of life. Performances on the central stage, a contest of sweet Phetchaburi beauties, demonstration of foods and local sweets, ox chariot racing, decoration of lights and fairworks on Khao Wang each night. They will set up booths selling OTOPs at the fair, set up sales booths at the Red Cross fair and selling Phetchaburi Red Cross raffle to win the cup of HRH Princess Somdet Phrathep Rattanasuda Siam Baromratch Kumari.

Worshipping Ceremony
09.00 hrs. - Ceremony to worship the city pillar shrine at the shrine ground.
09.39 hrs. - Ceremony to worship the ancestral kings, the King Ramas IV (King Mongkut),
                    V and VI reigns at the yard in front of Phra Nakhon Khiri (Khao Wang)
Dress Code : Normal white dress

Opening ceremony at the yard in front of Phra Nakhon Khiri (Khao Wang)
09.00 hrs. - Honorable guests and ceremonial participants get together at the ceremonial area.
20.00 hrs. - Chairman arrives at the ceremonial area.
                 - Music band plays the propitious song.
20.09 hrs. - Phetchaburi governor addresses the audience to open the fair
                   and gives souvenirs souvenirs to the fair supporters.
                 - Ceremonial chairman performs the opening ceremony.
                 - Chairman reviews the honoring parade.
                 - Chairman visits the activities on Khao Wang.
Dress Code : Batik clothes.

Performances at the Central Stage
April 10, 2009  Performances by musical bands /
                        performances of districts & governmental agencies,
                        set off 600 fireworks at 20.00 hrs.
April 11, 2009  Performances by musical bands /
                        beauty contest of Phetchaburi sweet girls, 
                        eliminating round (the 1st set),
                        set off 200 fireworks at 21.00 hrs.
April 12, 2009  Performances by musical bands /
                        beauty contest of Phetchaburi sweet girls, 
                        eliminating round (the 2nd set),
                        set off 200 fireworks at 21.00 hrs.
April 13, 2009  Performances by musical bands /
                        performances of districts & governmental agencies,
                        set off 200 fireworks at 21.00 hrs.
April 14, 2009  Performances by musical bands /
                        performances of districts & governmental agencies,
                        set off 200 fireworks at 21.00 hrs.
April 15, 2009  Performances by musical bands /
                        performances of districts & governmental agencies,
                        set off 600 fireworks at 20.00 hrs.
April 16, 2009  Performances by musical bands /
                        performances of districts & governmental agencies,
                        set off 200 fireworks at 21.00 hrs.
April 17, 2009  Performances by musical bands /
                        performances of districts & governmental agencies,
                        set off 200 fireworks at 21.00 hrs.
April 18, 2009  Performances by musical bands /
                        beauty contest at the final round,
                        set off 200 fireworks at 21.00 hrs.
April 19, 2009  Performances by musical bands /
                        performances of districts & governmental agencies,
                        drawing of the Red Coss raffle,
                        and set off 600 fireworks at 21.00 hrs.

For more information :
TAT Call Center 1672
TAT Phetchaburi Office, Tel. 66 (0) 3247 1005-6

PHETCHABURI : Activities

Maruekhathaiyawan Palace

Maruekhathaiyawan Palace The summer seaside palace, often referred to as "the palace of love and hope is located midway between Cha-am and Hua Hin. It was built in 1923 under the royal command of King Rama VI using golden teakwood from the demolished Hat Chao Samran Palace. An Italian architect designed the palace with a dazzling composition of verandahs and latticework in regal proportions. The palace is a two-storied wooden pavilion with a series of connecting halls and a long corridor leading to the sea. Residential halls of royal family members are on the right wing while those for royal retainers are on the left wing. The central group of halls consists of royal drawing, sitting and reading rooms. In addition, a two-story, open pavilion located next to the central hall was once used as a royal meeting place and theatre. Two famous plays performed in 1941 for King Rama VI were Phra Ruang and Wiwah Phra Samut. The palace is open to the public daily, Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Saturday, Sunday and public holidays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission fee is 90 baht per person.

Sirindhorn International Environment Park

Sirindhorn International Environment Park is located within the precincts of Fort Phra Ram Hok, Tambon Cha-am on Phetchakasem Road. It is accessible by the same route as Phra Ratchaniwet Mrigadayavan. It was established in honour of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn on her 48th birthday anniversary in 2005, with an aim to revive as well as develop the environment of the mangrove forest, beach forest, and mixed deciduous forest that provide a natural habitat for various kinds of fauna in the area back into its original fertility. It was also intended to be a centre of knowledge, publicity, and training of an international standard on the conservation of energy, natural resources and environment, as well as promotion of ecotourism in order to stimulate and implant public awareness in the significance of the conservation of energy and environment for sustainable development. The knowledge and experience gained can be applied in daily life. Spots of interest within the Park include:
         Energy for Environment Centrepublicizes knowledge about energy and conservation of energy and the environment through a “Two Ways Communication” exhibition, which is divided into 8 stations. Each station features a different form of presentation; such as, model, replica, demonstration, and try-out. There are also other facilities like a learning centre with several learning media including printed and digital ones, small meeting room of 30 - 40 seats and conference hall of 200 - 300 seats, restaurant, souvenir shop, etc.

         Energy and Environmental Conservation Camp and International Environment Camp feature activity camps for various organizations coming in groups and interested people who wish to learn about the conservation of energy, natural resources, environment and Thai wisdom. Accommodation is available in the forms of bungalow and dormitory, with an activity ground. The Park also provides a natural study room for visitors to study mangrove forest, beach and land forest, degraded soil inprovement, and resolution for eroded shores, bird watching tower, demonstration of water pumping using wind turbines and solar cells, etc.

Visiting groups should contact in advance at the Sirindhorn International Environment Park Foundation under Royal Patronage of H.R.H. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, Tel. 0 3250 8396, 0 3250 8352. Website : www.sirindhornpark.or.th


Magic Show, Show times: daily at 08.00 pm. at CHA-AM MAGIC SHOW (โรงละครดิน) ,Phetkasem Road, Tambon Cha-am, Amphoe Cha-am, Phetchaburi More details; contact tel: . 081 696 6921, 083 808 1094

Hat Puek Tian 

This wide and long beach is popular among local tourists. It is 7 kilometers south of Hat Chao Samran.

Hat Chao Samran 

This beach, which is located approximately 15 kilometers from Phetchaburi Market, has a history that can be traced back to the Ayutthaya Era. The name Hat Chao Samran meaning Royal Leisure Beach was derived as a result of several visits for extended periods of time made by King Naresuan the Great and his brother, King Ekathotsarot.

In addition, the beach was the most popular one among other beaches in Thailand during the reign of King Rama VI when he ordered the construction of Hat Chao Samran Palace in 1918.

Wat Yai Suwannaram 

Another important temple in the town, Wat Yai Suwannaram is situated 1 kilometer east of the city hall. The temple, featuring a windowless main shrine hall, houses magnificent 300-year-old murals of mythical angels. Its Sala Kanprian (multi-purpose hall) which was once located in Ayutthaya's Grand Palace, was entirely built of teakwood and decorated with fine woodwork especially at the door panels. There is also a preaching throne with magnificently elaborated Bangkok style woodcarvings and gold gilt works located in the hall.

Wat Maha That Worawiharn 
Situated by Maenam Phetchaburi in the town centre, the large white pagoda of Wat Maha That, which can be seen from a distance, is a mixture of the late Ayutthaya and early Rattanakosin style with an adaptation of the prang of Lopburi. This Five Peak Prang housing the Lord Buddha's relics was constructed according to concept of Mahayana Buddhism. The elegantly designed stucco decorated on the viharn and the ubosot is proof to the excellent skill of Phetchaburi's local craftsmanship.

Wat Kamphaeng Laeng 

This monastery was originally a Khmer place of worship constructed in accordance with Bhramanism. Originally, there were five prangs (Khmer-style pagoda) made of sandstone in the original worshiping place. When the influence of Buddhism in the region prevailed, it was turned into a Buddhist temple. A Shrine hall was later constructed. Today, visitors can only admire the remaining four prangs which remain next to the sandstone walls

Phra Nakhon Khiri Historical Park

Phetchaburis well-known landmark, the locally known as Khao Wang (Palace Hill) is located up on a 92-meter high verdant hill, in the city of Phetchaburi. It was built under the royal command of King Rama IV and in 1860 became his summer palace. The whole compound is comprised of royal halls, palaces, temples and other buildings which were elegantly constructed in a well-balanced Thai, neoclassical Western and Chinese architectural styles.

There are a group of royal residences on the western side of the hill consisting of the Phetchphoomphairot Building, Pramotmahaisawan Building, Wetchayanwichienprasat Building, Ratchathammasapha Building and Hor Chatchawanwiengchai Observatory.

The original main residence, Phetchphoomphairot and Pramotmahaisawan Buildings are now being used as a museum exhibiting the royal paraphernalia of King Rama IV and King Rama V, decorative sculptures, and ceramics from China, Japan and Europe.

The big white pagoda situated on the middle peak of the hill is Phrathat Jomphet. King Rama IV ordered the renovation of the old pagoda and later added a Buddha image inside. Visitors to the Palace should not miss the panoramic view of Phetchaburi City and other buildings on another two nearby mountaintops.

There are several temples to be admired on the Eastern Mountain, one of which is Wat Maha Samanaram, which has a history that can be traced back to the Ayutthaya period and the place where murals by Khrua In Khong, a renowned Thai artist is located. Another temple located on top of the mountain is Wat Phra Kaew Noi, the Royal Temple of Phra Nakhon Khiri that was constructed based on the model of the Grand Palace in Bangkok.

The Ordination Hall and Phra Sutthasela Chedi are also popular attractions. The ordination hall is a small beautifully symmetrical structure that is noted for the stucco at the gables, which is said to be a Phetchaburi masterpiece. In addition, the design of the Hall was based on King Rama IV’s royal emblem. Phra Sutthasela Chedi was built from greenish gray marble. The marble was first sculptured into pieces to form a pagoda at Ko Srichang, an island off the coast of Pattaya on the eastern coast of the Gulf of Thailand, then it was dismantled and resembled at the Chedi which is on the western coast of the Gulf of Thailand.

Getting to Phra Nakhon Khiri Historical Park

The site is located on Phetkasem Road, just one kilometer from the town entrance junction. It is possible to climb the mountain by walking or by cable car.

Walking up is a strenuous activity but it is the traditional way to approach the Park. For those choosing the cable car option, the fare, which inclusive of the museum admission fee is 150 baht for adults. Service is provided from 8:15 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Khao Bandai It 

Situated 2 kilometers south of Khao Wang is the site of an ancient temple of the Ayutthaya Period Wat Khao Bandai It. This hill is 121 meters high and offers several stunning natural attractions (caves) such as Tham Prathum, Tham Phra Chao Sua, and Tham Phra Phuttha Saiyat.

Wat Kuti 

The temple is located at Bang Khem sub-district, north of Khao Yoi District. It houses a Bot or a ritual hall made entirely from carved teak wood. The outer surfaces of the walls are carved into scenes depicting the Ten Incarnations of the Lord Buddha and the door panels into openwork of intertwined spray patterns.

Tham Khao Yoi 

This cave is located on the hill, which is clearly visible from Highway No.4, behind the railway station of Khao Yoi District, approximately 22 kilometers north of Phetchaburi town. It was the place where King Rama VI practiced meditation while he was ordained. Today, it houses several Buddha images.

Lao Song (Thai Song Dam) Tribal Villages 
The descendents of Lao Song, whose ancestors have migrated from Laos, live in the villages of Ban Nong Prong and Ban Thap Khang. Their customs and traditions have been preserved and are still practiced. In April, they organize social events with entertainment and folk plays.

Kaeng Krachan National Park

The most extensive national park of Thailand, occupying a largely unexplored area of 2,915 square kilometers (1.7 million rai of land), Kaeng Krachan was declared a national park on 12 June 1981. The park is located 53.5 kilometers from the city and is 3 kilometers beyond Khuean Kaeng Krachan (Kaeng Krachan Dam).

The park covers a reservoir and year round green jungle in the Tanaosri Ranges, which are the origins of many rivers, including Maenam Phetchaburi and Maenam Pranburi. The unexploited, wholesome jungle makes the park rich in flora and fauna. In addition, visitors may spot leopards, tigers and elephants. The 18-level waterfall named Namtok Tho Thip, located approximately 54 kilometers from the Park Office on the Sai Wang Won-Namtok Tho Thip route is worth a visit. There are viewpoints along the route are not only suitable for bird and butterfly watching but also provide magnificent views of misty mountains in the morning.

For trekking enthusiasts, Khao Panoen Thung (currently being promoted by the TAT) offers a challenge at a height of 1,207 meters above sea level. This is a great place to witness the spectacular morning sea of mist with the best part being when visitors have to walk down to see the morning mist and then walk back up to the camp. Other popular activities include bird and butterfly watching and rafting along Maenam Phetchaburi, which takes approximately 6 hours, passing rapids and several smaller rivers. The starting point for river rafting is the park area. Please not that only 4 wheel drive vehicles can take visitors to the starting trail and that the only facilities provided are a camping area and toilets.. Please contact the park ranger for additional information at 032 459293.

Khuean Kaeng Krachan

Kaeng Krachan Dam, which has a height of 58 meters, length of 760 meters, was completed in 1966. This dam was constructed because the Phetch Dam cannot store water and when the water level in the Phetch River is too high it has to be released uselessly. Therefore, Kaeng Krachan Dam was constructed to store water, to be delivered to the Phetch Dam for distribution into the irrigated area. The Dam provides visitors with a stunning scenic viewpoint of the reservoir and its islands while the most popular activity is a cruising trip on the reservoir. 

Natural Pine Tree Hill

This place is located 9 kilometers from the park office along the road on top of the dam. On the hilltop, there are scenic stopovers, cliffs and rock garden to visit.

Getting there : Take Highway No.4, then make a right turn at kilometer 186-187 markers and continue for another 30 kilometers.

Notice: Due to over capacity and protect the environment of  Kaeng Krachan National Park, Royal Forest Department has announced to limit the number of visitors since July 1,2008 , therefore visitors  should inquire Kaeng Krachan National Park directly before travelling at tel. 0 3245 9293, 0 2562 0760 - 2  from 08.00-16.30 hrs. or visit website www.dnp.go.th

Hup Kraphong 

This is the place where the Hup Kraphong Royal Development Project is located. King Bhumibhol initiated the project in 1962 with the support of Israel to help local farmers experiencing agricultural difficulties as a result from infertile soil. Several studies on soil improvement, various crash crops and production efficiency have been conducted. This is one Thailand's leading Royal Projects where travelers can visit to purchase farm produce, crafts (usually made of hemp) and folk art products which have been exported to many Asian and European countries.

Accommodation & admission

Kaeng Krachan National Park provides accommodations overlooking an extensive landscaped reservoir. Book your accommodation in advance at 032 459293. Admission fee : Adult 200 Baht / person. Child 100 Baht / person

Hat Cha-am 
The premier beach resort of Phetchaburi, Hat Cha-am is just as beautiful as the neighboring Hua Hin Beach. Located approximately 163 kilometers south of Bangkok, 40 kilometers south of Phetchaburi and 20 kilometers north of Hua Hin, the beach is famous for being long and clean. In addition, it serves excellent fresh seafood. Originally a fishing village, Cha-am received much attention after the royal palace, Maruekhathaiyawan, was built near Hua Hin in the reign of King Rama VI. At that time, the Royal Family and the elite occupied the land in Hua Hin and its vicinity as a holiday seaside resort. When people started looking around for twin seaside resort town for Hua Hin, Cha-ams beauty was discovered and quickly developed.

Today, Cha-am is a popular lively resort town offering a large variety of accommodations and challenging activities. Boredom is rare in Cha-am as there are a variety of water sports that can be enjoyed, while a possible alternative to water sports is bicycle riding along a 6-kilometer sandy white beach. During the weekdays the beach is virtually deserted and there are beach umbrellas and sling chairs are available for hire.

The State Railways of Thailand operates a special trip to Cha-Am at every holiday. Detailed information can be obtained from Travel service Section, Tel. 02 237- 010, 2237020.

Wat Khao Takhrao 

The temple, which is located at Ban Laem District, 12 kilometers from Phetchaburi City, houses a highly respected sitting Buddha image locally known as "Luang Pho Khao Takhrao". The image was found at the mouth of Maenam Mae Klong in Samut Songkhram Province by Ban Laem villagers, who migrated from Ban Laem to Samut Songkhram during the fall of Ayutthaya in order to move away from the route of the Burmese troops.

Ko Nai Luang Island (Ko Phlap Phla)

Ko Nai Luang or Ko Phlap Phla is a small island in Khuean Kaeng Krachan Reservoir.  The island takes its name from the fact that it formerly housed a pavilion for King Bhumibol, once when he visited Kaeng Krachan.  In 1973, the King visited the area with Queen Sirikit and his royal family.  At that time, a bamboo pavilion was built for them.  The province then built a replica to replace the original version.  Historical photos of the royal visit are also displayed.  Flags and other decorations replicate the event’s atmosphere, when people welcomed the King, the Queen and the royal family.  Visitors will enjoy the refreshing breeze and relaxing atmosphere of the reservoir.  In addition, the area around Ko Nai Luang has been developed into a preservation and study area for fresh water fish, where no fishing is permitted.

Visitors can rent a boat to tour the reservoir.  Contact the restaurants around Kaeng Krachan Dam in the area of Ban Tha Rua.  The boat rental fee is 500-700 baht for 8 passengers.  The excursion takes 1-2 hours.  Visitors will enjoy visiting a sling bridge in the area of Kaeng Krachan’s National Park; as well as Ko Nai Luang Island, where a replica bamboo pavilion is situated.  Besides, the boat excursion will bring visitors to Ko Som and Ban Phu Khem Homestay communities. 

เพชรบุรี : ข้อมูลทั่วไป

เขาวังคู่บ้าน ขนมหวาน เมืองพระ เลิศล้ำศิลปะ แดนธรรมะ ทะเลงาม เพชรบุรี

เป็นจังหวัดในภาคกลางที่ตั้งอยู่ริมฝั่งทะเลอ่าวไทย อยู่ห่างจากกรุงเทพฯ 123 กิโลเมตร เป็นเมืองเก่าที่มีประวัติความเป็นมายาวนาน โดยมีชื่อปรากฏอยู่ในศิลาจารึกหลักที่หนึ่งสมัยสุโขทัยและมีหลักฐานทางโบราณคดี ซึ่งมีอายุย้อนไปถึงสมัยขอมและสมัยทวารวดี ทั้งยังเคยเป็นเมืองหน้าด่านสำคัญชั้นเมืองลูกหลวงในสมัยอยุธยา

     เพชรบุรี มีพื้นที่ 6,255.138 ตารางกิโลเมตร สภาพภูมิประเทศทางด้านทิศตะวันตกเป็นป่าเขาสลับซับซ้อน มีเทือกเขาตะนาวศรีเป็นเส้นกั้นอาณาเขตระหว่างไทยกับสหภาพพม่า ส่วนทางด้านทิศตะวันออกเป็นที่ราบไปจนจดชายฝั่งทะเลอ่าวไทย พื้นที่ของจังหวัดเพชรบุรีมีแม่น้ำสายสำคัญไหลผ่าน 3 สาย ได้แก่ แม่น้ำเพชรบุรี แม่น้ำบางกลอย และแม่น้ำบางตะบูน ประชากรจังหวัดเพชรบุรีส่วนใหญ่ประกอบอาชีพเกษตรกรรมเป็นหลัก มีการทำนา สวนผลไม้ ทำน้ำตาลโตนด เลี้ยงสัตว์ และทำการประมง

     จังหวัดเพชรบุรี แบ่งการปกครองออกเป็น 8 อำเภอ คือ อำเภอเมือง อำเภอเขาย้อย อำเภอหนองหญ้าปล้อง อำเภอบ้านแหลม อำเภอบ้านลาด อำเภอท่ายาง อำเภอแก่งกระจาน และอำเภอชะอำ


ทิศเหนือ ติดต่อกับอำเภออัมพวา จังหวัดสมุทรสงคราม และ อำเภอปากท่อ จังหวัดราชบุรี
ทิศใต้ ติดต่อกับอำเภอหัวหิน จังหวัดประจวบคีรีขันธ์
ทิศตะวันออก ติดต่อชายฝั่งทะเลอ่าวไทย
ทิศตะวันตก ติดต่อกับสหภาพพม่า



  1. สำนักงานจังหวัดเพชรบุรี โทร. 0 3242 5573
  2. ประชาสัมพันธ์จังหวัด โทร. 0 3242 8047
  3. ที่ว่าการอำเภอเมือง โทร. 0 3242 5544
  4. โรงพยาบาลพระจอมเกล้า โทร. 0 3240 1251-3
  5. โรงพยาบาลเพชรรัชต์ โทร. 0 3241 7070 - 2
  6. สถานีตำรวจภูธรอำเภอเมือง โทร. 0 3242 5500, 0 3241 7106
  7. บริษัท ขนส่ง จำกัด สาขาเพชรบุรี โทร. 0 3242 5307
  8. สถานีรถไฟเพชรบุรี โทร. 0 3242 5211
  9. ไปรษณีย์เพชรบุรีโทร. 0 3242 5146, 0 3242 5571
  10. ศูนย์บริการนักท่องเที่ยวเทศบาลเมืองเพชรบุรี โทร. 0 3240 2220, 0 3242 7579


ททท. สำนักงานเพชรบุรี (เพชรบุรี ราชบุรี) อ.ชะอำ เพชรบุรี  โทร. 0 3247 1005-6
ที่ว่าการอำเภอชะอำ โทร. 0 3247 1361, 0 3247 2502, 0 3247 1078
โรงพยาบาลชะอำ โทร. 0 3247 1007
สถานีตำรวจภูธรอำเภอชะอำ โทร. 0 3247 1321, 0 3243 4021-2
ไปรษณีย์ชะอำ โทร. 0 3247 1252
สถานีรถไฟชะอำ โทร. 0 3247 1159
สถานีรถปรับอากาศ (ปอ.1) โทร. 0 3247 1615 (สี่แยกชะอำ) โทร. 0 3247 1654, 0 3243 3288 (ชายหาดชะอำ)
ศูนย์ตำรวจท่องเที่ยวเฉพาะกิจหัวหิน-ชะอำ โทร. 0 3251 5995
ตำรวจทางหลวง โทร. 1193
ตำรวจท่องเที่ยว โทร. 1155

Link ที่น่าสนใจ 
ททท.สำนักงานเพชรบุรี (เพชรบุรี ราชบุรี) 


เพชรบุรี : ข้อมูลการเดินทาง

ข้อมูลการเดินทางของ จ. เพชรบุรี

ทางที่สะดวกและใกล้ที่สุด คือ จากกรุงเทพฯ ใช้ทางหลวงหมายเลข 35 (สายธนบุรี-ปากท่อ) ผ่านสมุทรสาคร สมุทรสงคราม และอำเภอปากท่อ แล้วแยกเข้าทางหลวงหมายเลข 4 ไปจังหวัดเพชรบุรี รวมระยะทางประมาณ 123 กิโลเมตร หรือจากกรุงเทพฯ เดินทางไปตามทางหลวงหมายเลข 4 ผ่านนครปฐม ราชบุรี ไปยังเพชรบุรี เป็นระยะทาง 166 กิโลเมตร หรือใช้ทางพิเศษเฉลิมมหานคร สอบถามเพิ่มเติมได้ที่ โทร. 1543

จากกรุงเทพฯ มีบริการรถไฟไปเพชรบุรีและอำเภอชะอำทุกวัน รถไฟออกจากสถานีรถไฟหัวลำโพง สอบถามรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมได้ที่ หน่วยบริการเดินทาง โทร. 1690 หรือ 0 22204334  และยังมีรถไฟออกจากสถานีรถไฟธนบุรี (บางกอกน้อย) ทุกวัน สอบถามรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติม โทร. 0 2411 3102 หรือที่เว็บไซต์ www.railway.co.th

มีทั้งรถประจำทางปรับอากาศ และรถธรรมดาออกจากสถานีขนส่งสายใต้ ถนนบรมราชชนนี สอบถามรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมได้ที่ โทร. 0 2435 1199, 0 2434 7192, 0 2435 5605 หรือรถโดยสารของบริษัทเอกชน ติดต่อที่เพชรบุรีทัวร์ โทร. 0 2435 7408 หรือเว็บไซต์ www.transport.co.th นอกจากนี้ยังสามารถโดยสารรถประจำทางสายใต้หลายสายที่วิ่งผ่านเพชรบุรี เช่น สายกรุงเทพฯ-ชุมพร สายกรุงเทพฯ-หัวหิน-ปราณบุรี เป็นต้น จากกรุงเทพฯ ยังสามารถเดินทางไปยังอำเภอต่างๆ ของจังหวัดเพชรบุรีได้ คือ กรุงเทพฯ-ชะอำ, กรุงเทพฯ-ท่ายาง, กรุงเทพฯ-บ้านแหลม อีกด้วย

     นอกจากนี้จากตัวเมืองเพชรบุรียังมีรถโดยสารไปหัวหิน ปราณบุรี ประจวบคีรีขันธ์ ชุมพรและราชบุรี


เพชรบุรี : วัฒนธรรมประเพณี

เทศกาลดูนก ดูผีเสื้อ บ้านกร่าง

วันจัดงาน 1 – 30 เมษายน 2552 
สถานที่จัดงาน หน่วยพิทักษ์อุทยานแห่งชาติแก่งกระจานที่ 4 (บ้านกร่าง) 
กิจกรรมเด่นที่น่าสนใจ ดูผีเสื้อ บริเวณ กม.ที่ 10 - บ้านกร่าง - กม. ที่ 17 เวลา 10.00 – 14.00 น. ดูนก บริเวณบ้านกร่าง - กม.ที่ 17 และเส้นทางเขาปะการัง เวลา 07.00 – 10.00 น. และ 15.00 – 17.00 น. 
สอบถามข้อมูลเพิ่มเติม อุทยานแห่งชาติแก่งกระจาน โทร. 0 3245 9293

งานพระนครคีรี - เมืองเพชร ครั้งที่ 23

งานพระนครคีรี - เมืองเพชร ครั้งที่ 23
วันที่ 10 - 19 เมษายน 2552
ณ เขาวัง และบริเวณโดยรอบอำเภอเมือง จังหวัดเพชรบุรี

"พระนครคีรี" พระราชวังบนยอดเขาแห่งแรกของไทย ตั้งอยู่ที่ เขาวัง ภูเขาขนาดย่อมอยู่ใจกลางเมืองเพชรบุรี โดยพระบาทสมเด็จพระจอมเกล้าเจ้าอยู่หัว รัชกาลที่ 4 ทรงโปรดเกล้าให้สร้างเมื่อ พ.ศ. 2402 มีเจ้าพระยาศรีสุริยวงศ์ (ช่วง บุนนาค) เป็นแม่กองก่อสร้างและโปรดให้สร้างวัดประจำพระราชวัง "วัดพระแก้วน้อย" สร้างเจดีย์บรรจุพระบรมสารีริกธาตุ พระราชทานนามว่า "พระธาตุจอมเพชร" ปลูกต้นลีลาวดีหรือต้นลั่นทมไว้ตลอดสองข้างทางเชื่อมยอดเขาทั้ง 3 ยอด และหมู่พระที่นั่งต่าง ๆ

พระนครคีรี เป็นแหล่งท่องเที่ยวที่สำคัญของจังหวัดเพชรบุรี มีความสำคัญทางด้านประวัติศาสตร์ ศิลปวัฒนธรรม และความสวยงามของธรรมชาต ปี พ.ศ. 2478  ได้รับการขึ้นทะเบียนเป็นโบราณสถาน ปี พ.ศ. 2522 ได้รับการประกาศจัดตั้งเป็นพิพิธภัณฑสถานแห่งชาติ ประเภทแหล่งอนุสรณ์ ในช่วงประมาณเดือนกุมภาพันธ์ถึงเดือนเมษายนของทุกปี ต้นลีลาวดีบนเขาวังที่มีอายุเก่าแก่เกือบ 200 ปี ที่มีถึง 1,263 ต้น ต่างอวดโฉมออกดอกบานสะพรั่งกว่า 1 ล้านดอก
พระนครคีรีหรือเขาวัง เป็นสถานที่จัดงานประจำปีของจังหวัดเพชรบุรี ติดต่อกันมายาวนานถึง 22 ครั้ง ปี พ.ศ. 2552 พระนครคีรีมีอายุครบการก่อสร้างถึง 150 ปี การจัดงานในปีนี้จึงได้แนวความคิดว่า "150 ปี พระครคีรี สดุดีพระจอมเกล้า" โดยได้รวมงานกาชาดจังหวัดเพชรบุรเข้าไว้ด้วยกัน เพื่อให้ประชาชนและนักท่องเที่ยวได้ร่วมกิจกรรมและร่วมสร้างกุศลกับเหล่ากาชาดจังหวัดเพชรบุรี

- พิธีบวงสรวงศาลหลักเมือง / บวงสรวงบูรพมหากษัตริยาธิราช
- นิทรรศการเฉลิมพระเกียรติ และเศรษฐกิจพอเพียง
- การแสดงของกรมศิลปากร ขบวนแห่เทิดพระเกียรติและวิถีเพชรบุรี การแสดงบนเวทีกลาง
- การประกวดสาวหวานเมืองเพชร การแข่งขันวัวเทียมเกวียน
- การสาธิตการทำอาหารและขนมพื้นบ้าน การออกร้านสินค้า OTOP
- การออกร้านกาชาดและสลากกาชาดจังหวัดเพชรบุรี ลุ้นรางวัลใหญ่ รถยนต์เก๋ง
- การประกวดภาพถ่ายส่งเสริมการท่องเที่ยวชิงถ้วยพระราชทานสมเด็จพระเทพรัตนราชสุดาฯ สยามบรมราชกุมารี
  และชิงเงินรางวัล 30,000 บาท ในหัวข้อ "มนต์เสน่ห์เมืองเพชรบุรี" และ "150 ปี พระนครคีรี สดุดีพระจอมเกล้า"
  สอบถามรายละเอียดได้ที่ สำนักงานประชาสัมพันธ์จังหวัดเพชรบุรี โทร. 0 3242 8047, 0 3241 0535
  หรือ คลิก : http://www.phetchaburi.go.th/data/photo_phet.pdf
- การประดับไฟแสงสี และจุดพลุบนเขาวังทุกคืนตลอดการจัดงาน

ผังบริเวณงาน คลิก : http://www.phetchaburi.go.th/data/plan_phet52.pdf 

ททท. สำนักงานเพชรบุรี โทร. 0 3247 1005-6 หรือ TAT Call Center 1672
สำนักงานจังหวัดเพชรบุรี โทร. 0 3242 5600
พิพิธภัณฑสถานแห่งชาติ พระนครคีรี โทร. 0 3240 1006
สำนักงานประชาสัมพันธ์จังหวัดเพชรบุรี โทร. 0 3242 8047, 0 3241 0535


วันจัดงาน ช่วงเดือน มกราคม – พฤษภาคม 2552 
สถานที่จัดงาน เตาเคี่ยวตาลบ้านชาวบ้านทั่วไป อ.บ้านลาด 
กิจกรรมเด่นที่น่าสนใจ ชมการนวดตาล ชมการเคี่ยวตาล ชมการทำน้ำตาล และการเก็บน้ำตาล 
สอบถามข้อมูลเพิ่มเติม องค์การบริหารส่วนตำบลถ้ำรงค์ โทร. 0 3249 1467


ประวัติ / ความเป็นมา
          จังหวัดเพชรบุรี มีชื่อเสียงในด้านการท่องเที่ยวและศิลปวัฒนธรรม รวมไปถึงขนบธรรมเนียมประเพณีพื้นบ้านมากมายหลายประเภท รวมทั้งกีฬาวัวลาน ซึ่งมีการเล่นกันจนเป็นประเพณีที่จังหวัดเพชรบุรีเป็นแห่งแรกโดยต่อมาได้ดัดแปลงมาใช้คนวิ่งแทนวัว โดยใช้กติกาเหมือนเดิมทุกอย่างและวิ่งกันอย่างจริงจัง  มีผู้คนท้องถิ่นต่างๆ เดินทางมาแข่งขันด้วย

          การแข่งขันวัวลานคนที่จังหวัดเพชรบุรี มีกำหนดไม่แน่นอน ซึ่งก็แล้วแต่ว่าที่ไหนจะเป็นเจ้าภาพจัดการแข่งขัน บางครั้งก็จัดในช่วงสงกรานต์
สามารถตรวจสอบรายละเอียดได้ที่   www.tat.or.th/festival

กิจกรรม / พิธี
          วิธีการเล่น จะปักเสาเกียดอยู่กลางสนามเหมือนกับการแข่งขันวัวลานทั่วไป โดยใช้คนมาร้อยเป็นพวงเหมือนวัวลาน พวงละ 20 คน ใช้เชือกเส้นใหญ่ผูกเป็นปมไว้ให้พอดีระหว่างคน แล้วใช้ผ้าขาวม้าพันหลังผูกไว้กับปม ลานที่วิ่งปูด้วยฟางข้าว โดยผู้วิ่งทุกคนต้องถอดเสื้อ และผู้ที่วิ่งในตำแหน่งวัวนอกกับวัวใน ต้องโพกผ้าสีแดงที่ศีรษะด้วย
          พวกที่มาแข่งขันวัวลานคนต้องมีการฟิตซ้อมเป็นเดือน เพราะถ้าวิ่งไม่เข้าขากันจะทำให้เสียหลักหกล้ม พลอยทำให้คนอื่นหกล้มไปด้วย ก็ต้องถูกคัดออก เนื่องจากกติการกำหนดไว้ว่าทุกพวงต้องวิ่งให้ครบ 30 รอบ พวงไหนหมดแรงจะถูกคัดออก บางพวกหกล้มและเหยียบกันก็มีแต่จะไม่ถือกันเพราะต้องการความสนุกสนานเท่านั้น การแข่งไม่มีการแบ่งสาย ใช้ระบบแพ้คัดออกไปเลย รู้แพ้รู้ชนะกันด้วยวัวนอกกับวัวในเหมือนในกีฬาวัวลานทุกอย่าง เมื่อวิ่งครบ 30 รอบแล้วหยุดทันที แล้วก็เอาแพ้ชนะกันด้วยการจับเวลา
          การแข่งขันวัวลาน (วัว) โดยทั่วไปคณะกรรมการอนุญาตให้ใช้ปฏัก เพื่อไล่กวดแทงวัวให้มันวิ่งสุดกำลัง แต่สำหรับการแข่งขันวัวลานคนนั้นก็อนุญาติให้ใช้ปฏักได้เช่นกัน แต่เป็นปฏักที่ปลายไม้ไม่มีตะปูพี่เลี้ยงจะเอาไม้ที่ทำด้วยไม้ขนาดเหมาะมือ บริเวณปลายไม้ตกแต่งเป็นรูป “ปลัดขิก” ทาหัวด้วยสีแดงวิ่งไล่แทงก้นวัวลานคนให้เร่งฝีเท้าเป็นที่สนุกสนานของผู้ชมทั่วสนาม การแข่งขันวัวลานคนจะสนุกสนานมีรสชาติที่สุดก็ตอนที่วัวลานคนวิ่งลื่นหกล้ม แล้วถูกคนที่วิ่งตามหลังมาล้มทับระเนระนาด และนั่นหมายถึงการถูกตัดสิทธิ์ ซึ่งต่างจากวัวลานที่มีความสนุกสนานอยู่ที่ช่วงวัวเกิดหลุดจากพวง แล้วตื่นคนวิ่งผ่านฝูงชนคนดูรอบๆ สนาม จึงต้องวิ่งหนีกันพัลวันการวิ่งวัวลานคนนั้นก็มีความสนุกสนานต่างจากการวิ่งวัวลานไปอีกแบบหนึ่งและที่สำคัญ คือการแข่งขันวัวลานคน มีเพียงแห่งเดียวในโลกที่จังหวัดเพชรบุรีเท่านั้น


เพชรบุรี : สถานที่ท่องเที่ยวต่างๆ


ตั้งอยู่ในบริเวณค่ายพระรามหก ตำบลห้วยทรายเหนือ ตรงหลักกิโลเมตรที่ 216 เลยหาดชะอำมา 8 กิโลเมตร เป็นพระตำหนักที่ประทับริมทะเล ซึ่งพระบาทสมเด็จพระมงกุฎเกล้าเจ้าอยู่หัว โปรดให้รื้อพระตำหนักหาดเจ้าสำราญมาปลูกขึ้นใหม่เมื่อปี พ.ศ. 2466 ได้รับขนานนามว่า “พระราชนิเวศน์แห่งความรักและความหวัง” ลักษณะเป็นพระตำหนักแบบไทยผสมยุโรป เป็นอาคารไม้ใต้ถุนสูง สร้างด้วยไม้สักทอง พระตำหนักฝ่ายในอยู่ปีกขวา ทางปีกซ้ายเป็นส่วนของฝ่ายหน้า ประกอบด้วยพระที่นั่งสามองค์เชื่อมต่อถึงกันโดยตลอด พระที่นั่งสมุทรพิมาน เป็นที่ประทับของพระนางเจ้าอินทรศักดิ์ศจี พระวรชายา พระที่นั่งพิศาลสาครเป็นที่ประทับของพระบาทสมเด็จพระมงกุฎเกล้าเจ้าอยู่หัว มีอาคารข้าราชบริพารฝ่ายหน้าเป็นบริวารหลายหลัง และมีแนวระเบียงยื่นลงสู่ทะเลเป็นที่ลงสรงน้ำ และพระที่นั่งสโมสรเสวกามาตย์ เป็นอาคารโถงสองชั้นเปิดโล่งใช้เป็นที่ประชุมในโอกาสต่าง ๆ และเป็นโรงละครซึ่งเคยจัดแสดงละครครั้งสำคัญ 2 ครั้ง คือ เรื่องพระร่วง และวิวาห์พระสมุทร
    พระราชนิเวศน์มฤคทายวัน เปิดให้เข้าชมทุกวัน ยกเว้นวันพุธ ค่าเข้าชม ชาวไทยและชาวต่างประเทศ ผู้ใหญ่ 30 บาท เด็ก 15 บาท    นอกจากนี้บริเวณใกล้เคียงยังมีจุดที่น่าสนใจอื่น ๆ อีกได้แก่ ได้แก่ บ้านพักข้าราชบริพาร อนุสาวรีย์พระบาทสมเด็จพระมงกุฎเกล้าเจ้าอยู่หัว บ้านเจ้าพระยารามราฆพ  สอบถามรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมได้ที่ โทร. 0 3250 8443-4  เว็บไซต์ http://mrigadayavan.org
- ลานจอดรถ
- ร้านอาหาร
- ร้านขายของที่ระลึก
- รถเข็นสำหรับผู้พิการ
- จักรยานให้เช่า
หมายเหตุ - ผู้เข้าชมพระตำหนักต้องแต่งกายสุภาพ ผู้ที่ใส่กางเกงขาสั้นมีบริการผ้านุ่งให้สวมใส่ 



อยู่ห่างจากตัวเมืองเพชรบุรี 41 กิโลเมตร มีทางแยกซ้ายเข้าชายหาด ระยะทาง 2 กิโลเมตร เป็นชายหาดที่สวยงามและมีชื่อเสียงของจังหวัดเพชรบุรี เดิมชะอำเป็นเพียงตำบลหนึ่งขึ้นอยู่กับอำเภอหนองจอก แต่ภายหลังที่หัวหินมีชื่อเสียง ที่ดินแถบชายทะเลถูกจับจองหมด เจ้านายชั้นผู้ใหญ่สมัยนั้นจึงพยายามหาสถานที่พักผ่อนแห่งใหม่ โดยการนำของพระเจ้าบรมวงศ์เธอกรมพระนราธิปประพันธ์พงศ์ และได้พบว่าหาดชะอำเป็นชายหาดที่สวยงามไม่แพ้หัวหิน ชะอำจึงเริ่มเป็นที่รู้จักตั้งแต่นั้นมา ชะอำได้รับการพัฒนาเจริญเติบโตขึ้น และยกฐานะเป็นอำเภอจนปัจจุบัน

การรถไฟแห่งประเทศไทยจัดขบวนการรถไฟพิเศษนำเที่ยวกรุงเทพฯ-ชะอำ ทุกวันเสาร์-วันอาทิตย์ และวันหยุดนักขัตฤกษ์ รายละเอียดติดต่อหน่วยบริการเดินทาง โทร. 0 2225 6964



ศูนย์ศีกษาการพัฒนาฯ ตั้งอยู่ที่อำเภอชะอำ  มีพี้นที่ประมาณ 8,700 ไร่ ตั้งขึ้นตามโครงการพระราชดำริ เพื่อพัฒนาด้านป่าให้เกิดความสมดุลทางธรรมชาติและพลิกฟื้นป่าให้กลับคืนมา เนื่องจากในอดึตมีสภาพเป็นป่าโปร่งและมีการตัดไม้และปลูกพีชไร่ ทำให้ฝนไม่ตกตามฤดูกาล ดินขาดการบำรุงและเป็นดินดาน และเกิดการพังทลายของผิ้วดินค่อนข้างสูง ซึ่งไม่สามารถใช้ประโยชน์ได้ จึงดำเนินการปลูกป่าโดยให้ราษฏรที่ทำกินอยู่เดิมได้มีส่วนร่วมในการดูแลรักษาป่า เช่น การปลูกป่าทั้งไม้โตเร็ว ไม้ผล และไม้เศรษฐกิจ พร้อมกับการพัฒนาและส่งเสริมอาชีพ ด้านการเกษตรแบบผสมผสาน การเกษตรในระบบวนเกษตรหรือเกษตรธรรมชาติ และศึกษาป้องกันไฟป่า และขยายพันธุ์สัตว์ป่า โดยเฉพาะเนื้อทราย สอบถามเพิ่มเติม โทร. 032 471 110, 032 471 410



เป็นรูปหล่อสมเด็จพระนเรศวรทรงถือพระแสงดาบหันพระพักตร์สู่ทะเล ตั้งอยู่ริมทะเลด้านทิศเหนือของหาดชะอำ สร้างขึ้นเพื่อเป็นอนุสรณ์ในการที่พระองค์เสด็จประพาสหัวเมืองตอนใต้และทรงเคยประทับแรมที่ชายหาดชะอำแห่งนี้



ตั้งอยู่ริมทะเลบริเวณด้านทิศเหนือของหาดชะอำ ชื่อวัด เนรัญชราราม ได้รับการตั้งให้สอดคล้องกับชื่อวังมฤคทายวันซึ่งสร้างโดยรัชกาลที่ 6  ตามเรื่องราวในพุทธประวัติเกี่ยวกับแม่น้ำเนรัญชราและป่าอิสิปตนมฤคทายวัน
        สิ่งสำคัญที่น่าสนใจในวัดได้แก่ พระอุโบสถลักษณะทรงอินเดีย ซึ่งไม่ค่อยพบเห็นในประเทศไทย เป็นพระอุโบสถที่สร้างเมื่อ พ.ศ. 2377  พระประธานในพระอุโบสถ คือ หลวงพ่อทอง สร้างเมื่อปี 2478 เป็นพระพุทธรูปที่ชาวบ้านเชื่อว่ามีความศักดิ์สิทธิ์
        บริเวณลานกลางแจ้งมี พระพุทธรูปปิดทวารทั้ง 9 ที่ไม่เหมือนที่ใดในประเทศไทย สร้างเมื่อ พ.ศ. 2527 เพื่อให้ประชาชนที่มาเที่ยวชะอำได้มีสิ่งสักการะ เป็นพระพุทธรูปปูนปั้นสีขาว นั่งปิดทวารทั้ง 9  คือ ตาสอง จม