Tel. 662-2511131-2
Home Get a Quote Know Us Better Contact Us Partner& link
Latest Offers Book Your Car Car & Renting Guide Avis Services Car Leasing Chauffeur Drive Travel Agent Avis used Car
Bangkok Cha am Hua hin Chiang mai Chiang rai Hat yai Khon kaen Krabi
Pattaya Phitsanulok Phuket Samui Suratthani Udon thani    


SAMUTSONGKHRAM : General Information

   Samut Songkhram is the province of fertile land, of plants and food grains, the production source of vegetables and fruits, as well as a vast variety of seafood products. It is also an interesting historical source for the early Rattanakosin period.

    Samut Songkhram is an ancient province with a long history. Originally, it is believed that this province was once a part of Ratchaburi province, and called Suan Nork at that time. Then, towards the end of the Ayutthaya period going on to the Thonburi period, it was separated from Ratchaburi province and was called Mueang Mae Klong.

Samut Songkhram is located 72 Kilometres from Bangkok, occupies an area of 416 square kilometres and is administratively divided into 3 districts: Amphoe Muang, Amphoe Amphawa, and Amphoe Bang Khonthi.

SAMUTSONGKHRAM : How to get there

Distances from Amphoe Mueang to neighbouring Amphoe :

Amphawa 6 Kms.
Ban Khonthi 12 Kms.


By Car: From Bangpakaew T-intersection onto the Thonburi - Paktho Road, take Highway No. 35, through Mahachai - Nakluea intersection, at Km. 64, turn right into Muang Samut Songkhram.


By Bus The Transport Co., Ltd. services Bangkok - Samut Songkhram buses daily from the Southern Bus Terminal on Baromrajajonnani Road. Call at 0-2435-5031 for air-conditioned buses and at 0-2434-5557-8 for non-air conditioned buses.


By Rail : From Wongwianyai Railway Station, there are daily Bangkok - Samut Songkhram trains. Get off at Samut Sakon Province Railway Station, take a boat to Ban Laem Railway Station and get on the train to Samut Songkhram. You can also take a train from Wongwianyai Railway Station, and get off at Mahachai Railway Station and take a bus to Samut Songkhram. Call Wongwianyai Railway Station at 0-2465-2017 for more information.


Bang Kung Camp

Bang Kung Camp  is located at Mu 4, Tambon Bang Kung. When arriving at the camp site, visitors will firstly see an imitation wall built in memory of the battle. Here is a historic navy camp site. Following the second defeat of the Ayutthaya kingdom in 1767, King Taksin the Great moved the naval force to set up camp in the district of Bang Kung since Mueang Mae Klong (the city of Mae Klong) was in the way used by the Burmese army. A wall was built to make Wat Bang Kung be in the middle of the camp as a spirit centre for soldiers. King Taksin the Great later commanded the Chinese from Rayong, Chon Buri, Ratchaburi, and Kanchanaburi to form a guard unit for the camp. The camp was, therefore, called the ‘Bang Kung Chinese Camp.’ The king named the guards ‘Thahan Phakdi Asa’ or the ‘voluntary loyal soldiers.’ In 1768, the Burmese king of Angwa led an army via Kanchanaburi to surround the camp. King Taksin the Great and Phra Maha Montri (Bunma) jointly fought and defeated the Burmese. It was the first battle against the Burmese after the Kingdom of Thon Buri had been established by King Taksin the Great. The victory was hailed as moral support to the Thai people while it created a sense of fear among the Burmese army. The camp site was left deserted for almost 200 years. In 1967, the Ministry of Education established a boy scout camp on the site to celebrate King Taksin the Great, and also built a shrine as a memorial to the king. The ceremony to raise the shrine was held on 20 June 1968. Within the camp compound, there is the Ubosot (ordination hall) commonly called as ‘Bot Luangpho Dam,’ which was built in the Ayutthaya period. The hall is wholly covered by four species of ficus plants: Pho (Bodhi), Sai, Krai, and Krang. Therefore, it is also called ‘Bot Prok Pho’ (ordination hall covered by Bodhi trees). The monument of King Taksin the Great is in the nearby area.


Wat Bang Khae Noi 

Wat Bang Khae Noi  is located in Tambon Khwae Om by the Mae Klong River. This temple was built by Khunying Chui (Noi) Wongsarot in 1868. Initially, the Ubosot (ordination hall) was built on the bamboo raft tied to a Bodhi tree on the river bank. At present, the temple is well restored. The most interesting thing is the ordination hall’s inside walls which are woodcarvings depicting the Lord Buddha’s history, birth, enlightenment, and nirvana, as well as stories of the Lord Buddha’s Ten Incarnations or Jatakas. The beautiful and explicit design was made by craftsmen from Phetchaburi province where woodcarving is famous. For more information, call Tel. 0 3476 1222.


Ban Maeo Thai Boran 

Ban Maeo Thai Boran  is a house where species of genuine Siamese cats have been conserved. It is located at 2/1 Mu 7, Tambon Khwae Om. The house of traditional Siamese cats was created by lovers of Siamese cats to promote and support the conservation of Siamese cats to be a treasure of the nation. It also gives information on genuine features of Siamese cats, supports research, exchanges knowledge and views between members, and exchanges research experiences and breeding with relevant bodies. Khun Pricha Phukkhabut, the co-founder and caretaker of the traditional Siamese cat house, told that “my mother raised Siamese cats of the Wichian Mat species when I was young. At that time, I did not pay much attention to them. When I grew up, I was to feed them. There were not many cats in my house. My family continued to keep Wichian Mat cats and I had developed a bond with them. Later, some friends who were cat lovers talked about the conservation of the cat since it was clever, graceful, attractive, and had pleasing habits.” Apart from the species of Wichian Mat, Siamese cats also include Si Sawat, Supphalak, and Koncha. Inside the house, there is a breeding section divided into cages of various types of Siamese cats. This is an interesting place for the study on a genuine species of Siamese cats. For more information, call Tel. 0 3473 3284, 08 4003 4194.

To get there  Take Highway 325 (Samut Songkhram – Bang Phae). Turn left to cross the Phra Si Suriyen Bridge and then turn right to Highway 3062. Cross the Pracha Chom Chuen Canal, past Wat Phummarin Kudi Thong and Wat Bang Khae Yai, and see the sign of the traditional Siamese cat house.


Wat Bang Khae Yai 

Wat Bang Khae Yai  is located on the bank of the Mae Klong River, at the mouth of the Bang Khae Canal in Tambon Khwae Om. It was built in 1814. Inside the temple, there are ancient monuments and artefacts. The large Ubosot (ordination hall) is more than 150 years old. At the front, the square Chedi (pagoda) with twelve indented corners is the art of the Ayutthaya period. The laterite principal Buddha image in the ordination hall is in the posture of Subduing Mara. There are seven Dharma Chedis built in 1872 with a boundary wall. On a separating wall in a monk’s cell, a tempera mural painting from the late reign of King Rama II depicts a battle between the Siamese and the Burmese, probably the one that King Rama II sent  troops to obstruct the enemy at Ratchaburi in 1821. Admission is subject to permission in advance.

To get there  Take Highway 325 (Samut Songkhram – Bang Phae) and turn left to cross the Phra Si Suriyen Bridge. Then, turn right to Highway 3062 for about 2 km, past Wat Phummarin Kudi Thong, and see Wat Bang Khae Yai.

Ban Phaya So

Ban Phaya So  ‘So’ or a fiddle is a local musical instrument of the Central Region. Ban Phaya So is a house of the alto fiddle (So U) maker who combines the art of traditional Thai music with carving. A coconut that is used for making a fiddle will be carved with different designs, such as character figures, changeable rose flowers, name initials, names of the twelve astrological years, etc. Nowadays, this art is rarely seen. Visitors can see the art of carving and learn to play the fiddle at Khun Somphon Ketkaeo’s house, at 43 Mu 5, Tambon Bang Phrom, Amphoe Bang Khonthi. For more information, call Tel. 0 3476 1949, 08 1742 1786.

To get there  From the town of Samut Songkhram, follow Highway 325 (Samut Songkhram – Bang Phae) and take a left turn toward the King Rama II Memorial Park between Km 36-37. Ban Phaya So is around 3 km from the Park.


Talat Nam Yam Yen Amphawa

Talat Nam Yam Yen Amphawa  is an afternoon floating market by the canal near Wat Amphawan Chetiyaram (parking area is available). On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, during 12.00 a.m. – 8.00 p.m., the Amphawa Canal is occupied by vendors who pack their boats with food and drinks, such as fried sea mussel, noodles, coffee, O-liang (iced black coffee), sweets, etc. There are also things for sale on wheelbarrows on the bank. Visitors can enjoy a cosy atmosphere and music broadcast by the community members, explore the market, have food, and hire a boat to see fireflies at night.

To get there  
By car  Take Highway 35 (Thon Buri – Pak Tho) to Km 63. Drive through the town of Samut Songkhram to take Highway 325 (Samut Songkhram – Bang Phae). At Km 36-37, take a left turn toward the King Rama II Memorial Park. The Market is near the King Rama II Memorial Park.

By bus  Take the Bangkok – Ratchaburi – Damnoen Saduak bus to get off at Amphawa Market.


Wat Bang Kaphom 

Wat Bang Kaphom  is located between Km 37-38 on Highway 325 (Samut Songkhram – Bang Phae). This ancient temple was built in the late Ayutthaya period. The old Wihan (image hall) is very interesting. On the upper part of the walls, there are unusual mural paintings in the form of stucco reliefs depicting the Lord Buddha’s history. On the lower part of the walls, there are niches with Buddha images inside. In the centre of the hall, a large replica of four superimposing Buddha’s footprints in different sizes is enshrined. It was presumed that the footprints were built in the Thon Buri period. Initially, they were covered by silver sheets which were later stolen during a war. The footprint at the deepest level which is made from mother-of-pearl-inlaid wood still retains its beautiful design. On the temple grounds, a small coffee shop offers traditional tasty tea and coffee.


Wat Chula Mani 

Wat Chula Mani  is located on Highway 325 (Samut Songkhram – Bang Phae) between Km 34-35 in Tambon Bang Chang. This ancient temple sits on the bank where the Amphawa Canal connects with the Phi Lok Canal. The temple was built in the Ayutthaya period during the late reign of King Prasatthong. It was presumed that Thao Kaeophaluek (Noi), Mistress of the Bang Chang Market and a forebear of the royal lineage of Bang Chang, built the temple. The back of the temple was initially the residence of Khun Nak (Queen Ammarinthramat of King Rama I) and Khun Bunrot (Queen Si Suriyenthramat of King Rama II).


Chang-Eng Siamese Twins Memorial and Boat Museum

Chang-Eng Siamese Twins Memorial and Boat Museum  are located in Tambon Lat Yai on Ekkachai Road, around 4 km from City Hall. The statues were built in memory of Chang-Eng, the Siamese twins who made Thailand famous around the world. They stand in the middle of a broad ground decorated with trees and flowering plants. There is a large pond in the foreground. Furthermore, the biography of Chang-Eng, the Siamese twins, is on display in a hall. Chang-Eng, the Siamese twins were born on 11 May 1811, in Samut Songkhram. During 1828-1829, Captain Coffin and Hunter came to Mae Klong to conduct trade and they encountered the Siamese twins. They were allowed to take the Siam twins back with them to America and the United Kingdom for shows in public places where the life stories of Chang-Eng who were joined to each other at the chest were repeated again and again. Both of them lived a normal life to the age of 63. The name of ‘Siamese twins’ made Thailand famous worldwide.

In addition, the hall has an area for a ‘Boat Museum.’ Here, there is a variety of local boats collected for a study on the Mae Klong villagers’ way of life. The museum is open daily from 8.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m., and on Saturday and Sunday from 8.00 – 12.00 a.m. Admission fee is 15 Baht. For more information, call Tel. 0 3471 1333.


Wat Sathatham 

Wat Sathatham is located at Tambon Bang Cha Kreng. The temple is made from golden teak wood and the inner walls are set with pearl-inlay. It was built in the year 2535 B.E. (1982) by Phra Khru Samutvisutthiwong, the former abbot. Inside the main building, Ubosot, there are paintings depicting Buddha's life, paintings about the Ramayana epic, painting of famous monks. The temple is highly revered by the people of Samut Songkhram and people of neighbouring provinces.


Wat Ban Laem or Wat Phet Samut Worawihan

This temple is located in Samut Songkhram town. The former name is Wat Sri Champa. It is the most important temple of the province. According to history, in B.E. 2307 (1764) the Burmese invaded Muang Phetburi but Ayutthaya's troops protected the city. Ban Laem people in Phetburi migrated to escape from the Burmese and settled down at Amphoe Mae Klong, further up from Wat Sri Champa, and called this village Ban Laem, the same name as their former village in Muang Phetburi.

The people all ptiched in to renovate Wat Sri Champa and gave it the new name of Wat Ban Laem. Most of the Ban Laem people were fishermen. One day, they went to catch fish as usual using a net in the Mae Klong Gulf, two Buddha images were caught in the net: one was a seated image, another was a standing image. The sitting image of the Buddha was enshrined at Wat Khao Ta Krau, Phetburi province. For the second standing image of the Buddha, the image was 1.67 metres high and holding an alms-bowl, unfortunately, the bowl could not be recovered. This Buddha image was enshrined at Wat Ban Laem and was called Luang Pho Ban Laem. This is a very sacred Buddha and many miracles have been associated with this Buddha image amking the image highly revered by all.

Wat Ban Laem which once was a small and disregarded temple, prospered and was enlarged mainly from the donations made by the people out of their faith and from their merit making and worshiping Luang Pho Ban Laem. Later, this temple was promoted to the status of royal temple of the class Worawihan and was granted the name of Wat Phet Samut Worawihan by the King. To replace the lost alms-bowl of Luang Pho Ban Laem, Prince Phanuphanwongworadej presented a blue glass-bowl which can still be seen today.

In the temple compound, there is a monk museum, exhibiting Buddha images, amulets from various periods, artifacts, antiques, and a pulpit from the Ayutthaya period.

In front of Wat Ban Laem, boat trips are available for a trip along the Mae Klong River to King Rama II Memorial Park and Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. Contact Mae Klong Travel Company (under the care of the Chairman of Samut Songkhram Chamber of Commerce) at 0-3471-3053, 0-1916-3494.


Don Hoi Lot 

Don Hoi Lot  This famous tourist attraction of Samut Songkhram is a bar on the mouth of the Mae Klong River. It was formed by the sedimentation of sandy soil called by villagers here as ‘Sai Khi Pet.’ The bar of 3 km wide and 5 km long covers two zones: Don Nok is on the mouth of Ao Mae Klong, accessible by boat; and Don Nai is located on the beach of the Chuchi village in Tambon Bang Chakreng and on the beach of the Bang Bo village in Tambon Bang Kaeo, accessible by car. In the area of the bar, there are many shellfish, such as Hoi Lot (razor clam), Hoi Lai (undulated surf clam), Hoi Puk (Ridged Venus clam), Hoi Pak Pet (tongue shell), Hoi Khraeng (cockle), etc. Hoi Lot is mostly found here and it has become a landmark of this place.

Hoi Lot is a species of bivalve mollusks, having muddy white meat in a straw-shaped shell and living in mud. Hoi Lot will be caught during low tide. A small stick previously dipped in lime will be put in a hole where the shellfish live. Because of the lime, they will be stimulated to appear and are caught easily. The lime should not be directly spread on the bar since it will kill all other shellfish in the area. The best time for a visit is around March – May because the low tide will last longer and the bar will emerge to be seen.  Tourists can hire a boat from the Aphon Pavilion (near the Krommaluang Chumphonkhetudomsak Shrine) to visit Don Hoi Lot. The charter boat fee is 60 Baht (not over 6 persons), or 10 Baht per person. To visit the bay mouth, it costs 200 Baht per boat (not over 5 persons). To admire the beauty of the mangrove forest, it is 300 Baht per boat (not over 7 persons). For more details on the times of the high and low tides, contact the Bang Chakraeng Sub-district Administration Organization at Tel. 0 3472 3749, 0 3472 3736.

Here, there is a Krommaluang Chumphonkhetudomsak Shrine, and traditional Thai music is performed monthly on the first and third weeks on its front lawn during 4.30 – 6.30 p.m.

Furthermore, many restaurants and souvenir shops here offer fresh and dried seafood, Hoi Lot, fish sauce, shrimp paste of Khlong Khon, coconut sugar, palm sap, etc.

To get there
 By car
1. To the Bang Bo village in Tambon Bang Kaeo, take the Thon Buri – Pak Tho Road (Rama II Road), and before Km 62, follow the direction sign on the left to Don Hoi Lot for around 7 km.
2. To the Chuchi village in Tambon Bang Chakreng, take the Thon Buri – Pak Tho Road (Rama II Road), and at the foot of the Phra Phutthaloetla Naphalai Bridge or around Km 64, follow the direction sign to Don Hoi Lot for around 5 km.

By bus  A bus service is available all day from the market in Amphoe Mueang Samut Songkhram to Don Hoi Lot in Chuchi village.

By boat  A boat service of various sizes is available from the pier on the Mae Klong River to Don Nok. For a group of 60-250 people, contact Khun Phonthip Saengwanit at the Sun Huat Heng Sawmill in advance at Tel. 0 3471 1466, 0 3471 2558, 0 3471 2451, 08 1378 5858; Fax: 0 3471 4240 (Food can be ordered to serve on the boat.), or contact the ferry ticket booth at the pier by the Mae Klong River.

Wat Charoen Sukharam Worawihan and Fish Sanctuary 

This temple is located at Bang Nok Khwaek and about 4 Kilometres from Amphoe Muang. Luang Pho Toa Buddha image, which is highly revered by people, is enshrined in the main building (Ubosot). The body of the Buddha image is made of laterite and cast in the attitude of Subduing Mara of Sukhothai period style. Measuring 178 cms. wide at the lap and 208 cms. high from the base to the tip of the tonsure. In front of the temple, there are various kinds of fish in the stream, especially silver and red-tail tinfoil barbs. To get there, take the Samut Songkhram - Bang Nok Khwaek Route, passing the Church of the Virgin Mary, cross the Bang Nok Khwaek Bridge and then turn right onto an access road for 500 metres.

The Church of the Virgin Mary or Asanawihan Maephrabangkerd
This church is located at Mu 7, Tambon Bang Nok Khwaek. The church is a holy worshipping place for Christian families living around the area. It was constructed in 1890 A.D. by Father Paolo Salmone, a French Missionary. The construction of the church took 6 years. Built in French Gothic architectural style. The windows are decorated with stained glass. Within the church, there is a Statue, a pulpit, a holy water basin, various kinds of candelabra, and carvings depicting various historical points in the Bible.

It is located about 100 metres further from Somdet Phra Ammarin Bridge. You can also get there by renting a long-tailed boat from the pier at Amphoe Sam Phran District Office.


Boat Tours 

From Amphoe Mueang Samut Songkhram town, visitors could travel by boat to see scenic views of Mae Klong riverside. Along the banks of the Mae Klong, there are coconut groves and ancient style Thai houses, which are rare nowadays, in the areas of Tambon Kwae Om and Tambon Muang Mai. The adjacent areas of Amphoe Amphawa and Amphoe Bang Khonthi features lychee orchards. The lychee contest is held yearly from April to May.


Wat Phummarin Kudi Thong 

This temple is located on the bank of Mae Klong River, on the west side of the end of Phrachachuen canals mouth. It is accessible by boat from Wat Amphawan pier or King Rama II Memorial Park pier. An interesting attraction in the temple is the Kudee Thong (golden hermitage). According to a legend, Khun Nak's millionaire father asked the abbot of Wat Bang Li to foretell Khun Nak's fortune. The abbot predicted that Khun Nak would become a Queen. Khun Nak's father then vowed that he will build the golden hermitage for Wat Bang Li if the prediction came true, hence the reason for the name of Wat Ban Li Kudi Thong. Later, Wat Bang Li was flooded and part of the land was gouged out by water, so the Kudi Thong was taken down and reconstructed at this temple.


Wat Amphawan Chetiyaram

Wat Amphawan Chetiyaram is located near King Rama II Memorial Park. This temple belongs to the Bang Chang family. It was constructed by Princess Phrarubsirisopharkmahanaknari, the mother of Queen Amarintharamat. The area behind this temple was the residence of Luang Yokkrabat and Khun Nak. It is believed that area about the position of the chedi at present of Wat Amphawan is the place where Khun Nak gave birth to a son (Khun Chim) who later became King Rama II.

Later, Wat Amphawan was renovated by King Rama III, IV, and V. At present it is a second class royal monastery. The beautiful main building and precious antiques inside the temple are of an early Rattanakosin period architectural and arts style.


Amphoe Amphawa
The Amphawa district is an important place and is much involved with Thai history from the Ayutthaya period to the early Rattanakosin period. In the past, it was called Khwaeng Bang Chang, the small community prospered in both agriculture and commerce. There are credible evidences that suggest that during King Prasatthong era, Kwaeng Bang Chang had a market called Bang Chang Market. Ms. Noi was the head of the market who had a title of Thao Kaeo Phaluek. She was a member of the Bang Chang family a very rich family. Later, the family was granted the surname of Na Bang Chang by the King.

In the year 2303 B.E. (1760), during the reign of King Ekkathat in the late of Ayutthaya era, he promoted Nai Thong Duang (later to become King Rama I) to the position of Luang Yok Krabat governing Muang Ratchaburi, the fourth-grade city under Ayutthaya. Later, Luang Yokkrabat married Khun Nak, a daughter of the rich Bang Chang family, they settled behind Wat Chulamani. Some time later, the house was gutted from a fire, so they relocated to a new house behind Wat Amphawan Chetiyaram, where they stayed for 3 years.

In 2310 B.E. (1767), the Burmese conquered Ayutthaya, Luang Yokkrabat and his family escaped to the deep of the jungles. At that time, Than Kaeo (Somdet Krom Phra Srisudarak) an elder sister of Luang Yokkrabat gave birth to a daughter named Boon Rod (who later became Princess Srisuriyenthara Borommarachinee, the queen to King Rama II). When Phraya Wachiraphrakarn gathered an army and was able to repel the Burmese, he was crowned as King Taksin. So Luang Yokkrabat and his family moved back to their hometown.

At that time, Khun Nak gave birth to their fourth son, Chim (who later became King Rama II). After that Luang Yokkrabat served King Taksin. He received the title of Phrarajawarin Chao Krom Phra Tamruajnokkwa, then was promoted to Prince Phrayamahakasatsuek and later on was crowned as King Rama I, the founder of Chakri Dynasty. Khun Nak, his wife, was promoted to Queen (Somdej Amarintharamat). Khun San, Khun Nak's mother, was promoted to Princess Phrarubsirisopharkmahanaknari.

But because Queen Amarintharamat was a native of Bang Chang, she had many close relatives who owned fruit orchards at Bang Chang. When promoted to Queen Amarintharamat, she became a noble Bang Chang. Therefore her relatives are related to the noble Bang Chang Family. Somdet Phra Amarintharamat always visited her relatives, so it was called Suan Nok which means the suburb that belonged to members of the queen's family. Bangkok, the region of the royal family was called Suan Nai. The catchphrase of Bang Chang Suan Nork, Bangkok Suan Nai was used until the reign of King Rama IV.

สมุทรสงคราม : ข้อมูลทั่วไป

เมืองหอยหลอด  ยอดลิ้นจี่  มีอุทยาน ร 2  แม่กลองไหลผ่าน  นมัสการหลวงพ่อบ้านแหลม

สมุทรสงคราม เป็นจังหวัดเล็กๆ ที่อยู่ไม่ไกลจากกรุงเทพมหานคร ใช้เวลาเดินทางประมาณชั่วโมงกว่าก็ถึง หากใครชอบการท่องเที่ยวที่ได้สัมผัสกับวัฒนธรรมและวิถีชีวิตแบบดั้งเดิม ไม่ว่าจะเป็นอาชีพการทำสวนผักผลไม้ การเคี่ยวน้ำตาลมะพร้าว หรือ เที่ยวชมตลาดน้ำท่าคาที่ยังคงสภาพตลาดนัดแบบชาวบ้านชาวสวนของชุมชนริมคลอง จังหวัดสมุทรสงครามจึงเป็นจังหวัดที่น่าไปเยี่ยมเยือนสำหรับผู้สนใจการท่องเที่ยวเชิงวิถีชีวิตและวัฒนธรรม

     เมืองสมุทรสงครามสร้างขึ้นเมื่อใดไม่ปรากฏหลักฐาน เดิมเข้าใจว่าเป็นแขวงหนึ่งของราชบุรี เรียกว่า “สวนนอก” ต่อมาในสมัยกรุงศรีอยุธยาต่อเนื่องกับสมัยกรุงธนบุรี จึงแยกจากราชบุรี เรียกว่า “เมืองแม่กลอง ”

     สมุทรสงครามมีความสำคัญทางประวัติศาสตร์ในช่วงที่สมเด็จพระเจ้าตากสินมหาราชสถาปนากรุงธนบุรีเป็นราชธานี พม่าส่งกองทัพผ่านเข้ามาถึงบริเวณตำบลบางกุ้ง พระเจ้าตากสินมหาราชทรงรวบรวมผู้คนสร้างค่ายป้องกันทัพพม่าจนข้าศึกพ่ายแพ้ไป ณ บริเวณค่ายบางกุ้ง นับเป็นการป้องกันการรุกรานของพม่าเข้ามายังไทยครั้งสำคัญในช่วงเวลานั้น

     จังหวัดสมุทรสงครามอยู่ห่างจากกรุงเทพฯ ประมาณ 72 กิโลเมตร มีพื้นที่ประมาณ 416 ตารางกิโลเมตร แบ่งการปกครองออกเป็น 3 อำเภอ ได้แก่ อำเภอเมือง อำเภออัมพวา และอำเภอบางคนที


ทิศเหนือ ติดต่อกับจังหวัดราชบุรี
ทิศใต้ ติดต่อกับจังหวัดเพชรบุรี และอ่าวไทย
ทิศตะวันออก ติดต่อกับจังหวัดสมุทรสาคร
ทิศตะวันตก ติดต่อกับจังหวัดเพชรบุรีและราชบุรี


  1. สถานีเดินรถโดยสารประจำทาง โทร. 0 3471 6962
  2. สถานีรถไฟสมุทรสงคราม โทร. 0 3471 1906
  3. ประชาสัมพันธ์จังหวัด โทร. 0 3471 4881
  4. สถานีตำรวจภูธรอำเภอเมืองสมุทรสงคราม โทร. 0 3471 1338, 0 3472 0530-5
  5. สถานีตำรวจภูธรอำเภออัมพวา โทร. 0 3475 1300, 0 3472 5625-7
  6. สถานีตำรวจภูธรอำเภอบางคนที โทร. 0 3476 1866, 0 3473 0062-4
  7. โรงพยาบาลอัมพวา โทร. 0 3475 1846-7, 0 3475 2560
  8. โรงพยาบาลสมเด็จพระพุทธเลิศหล้านภาลัย โทร. 0 3472 3044-9
  9. หอการค้าจังหวัดสมุทรสงคราม โทร. 0 3471 3053, 0 3471 8154
  10. ศูนย์บริการท่องเที่ยวเชิงเกษตร โทร. 0 3471 1711, 0 3472 0784
  11. ตำรวจทางหลวง โทร. 1193
  12. ตำรวจท่องเที่ยว โทร. 1155

Link ที่น่าสนใจ

ททท. สำนักงานเพชรบุรี  


สมุทรสงคราม : ข้อมูลการเดินทาง

ข้อมูลการเดินทางจากกรุงเทพฯไป จ. สมุทรสงคราม 

     ไปตามทางหลวงหมายเลข 35 ถนนสายธนบุรี-ปากท่อ (พระราม 2) ผ่านสี่แยกมหาชัย-นาเกลือ ประมาณหลักกิโลเมตรที่ 63 จะมีทางแยกต่างระดับ เข้าตัวเมืองสมุทรสงคราม หรือใช้ทางพิเศษเฉลิมมหานคร สอบถามเพิ่มเติมได้ที่ โทร. 1543 

     จากสถานีรถไฟวงเวียนใหญ่ มีรถไฟสายวงเวียนใหญ่-มหาชัย ออกทุกวัน ลงรถไฟที่สถานีรถไฟมหาชัย จังหวัดสมุทรสาคร ข้ามเรือจากท่ามหาชัยไปฝั่งท่าฉลอม เพื่อต่อรถไฟที่สถานีรถไฟบ้านแหลมไปยังจังหวัดสมุทรสงคราม หรือจะลงรถไฟที่สถานีรถไฟมหาชัย แล้วต่อรถโดยสารประจำทางไปจังหวัดสมุทรสงคราม ติดต่อสอบถามตารางรถไฟได้ที่ สถานีรถไฟวงเวียนใหญ่ โทร. 0 2465 2017, 0 2890 6260 หรือเว็บไซต์ www.railway.co.th

     บริษัท ขนส่ง จำกัด เปิดบริการเดินรถกรุงเทพฯ-สมุทรสงคราม โดยมีรถจากสถานีขนส่งสายใต้ ถนนบรมราชชนนี ทุกวัน ตั้งแต่เวลา 05.50-21.00 น. โทร. 0 2435 1199, 0 2435 5605 รถปรับอากาศ (ดำเนินทัวร์) โทร. 0 2435 5031 หรือที่เว็บไซต์ www.transport.co.th


สมุทรสงคราม : วัฒนธรรมประเพณี

วันที่ 1 - 30 เมษายน 2552
ณ จังหวัดสมุทรสงคราม

จังหวัดสมุทรสงคราม องค์การบริหารส่วนจังหวัดสมุทรสงคราม ททท.สำนักงานสมุทรสงคราม หน่วยงานภาครัฐและเอกชนและชาวสวนลิ้นจี่ในจังหวัดสมุทรสงคราม ร่วมกันจัดงานเทศกาลกินลิ้นจี่และของดีสมุทรสงคราม โดยสามารถร่วมงานได้ตั้งแต่ปลายเดือนมีนาคมและตลอดเดือนเมษายน 2552  บริเวณถนนผลไม้เมืองสมุทรสงคราม  และบริเวณจัดงาน 9 สถานที่หลัก ได้แก่

  - หน้าศาลากลางจังหวัดสมุทรสงคราม  
    ระหว่างวันที่ 3 - 15 เมษายน 2552
  - ตลาดสมัชชาแม่กลอง ตำบลบางแก้ว อำเภอเมืองฯ 
     ระหว่างวันที่ 1 - 30 เมษายน 2552
  - วัดอัมพวันเจติยาราม อำเภออัมพวา  
     ระหว่างวันที่ 5 - 15 เมษายน 2552
  - วัดอินทาราม ตำบลเหมืองใหม่ อำเภออัมพวา 
    ระหว่างวันที่ 28 มีนาคม - 30 เมษายน 2552
  - วัดภุมรินทร์กุฎีทอง ตำบลสวนหลวง อำเภออัมพวา 
     ระหว่างวันที่ 28 มีนาคม- 30 เมษายน 2552
  - วัดบางเกาะเทพศักดิ์ ตำบลแควอ้อม อำเภออัมพวา 
     ระหว่างวันที่ 1 - 30 เมษายน 2552
  - วัดปราโมทย์ อำเภอบางคนที 
     ระหว่างวันที่ 10 - 20 เมษายน 2552
  - วัดโบสถ์ ตำบลบางกุ้ง อำเภอบางคนที  
     ระหว่างวันที่ 5 - 15 เมษายน 2552
  - โครงการอัมพวา ชัยพัฒนานุรักษ์   
    ระหว่างวันที่ 1 - 30 เมษายน 2552

นางสาวอังคณา  พุ่มผกา ผู้อำนวยการสำนักงาน ททท. สำนักงานสมุทรสงคราม เปิดเผยว่า เนื่องจากในปีนี้ ลิ้นจี่ในจังหวัดสมุทรสงครามให้ผลผลิตเป็นจำนวนมาก ตามสภาพอากาศที่หนาวเย็นเมื่อช่วงปลายปีที่ผ่านมา จึงได้กำหนดจัดงานเทศกาล  กินลิ้นจี่ ฯ ขึ้น เพื่อเป็นอีกช่องทางหนึ่งที่จะช่วยเกษตรกรในการจำหน่ายลิ้นจี่ และเป็นการเปิดโอกาสให้นักท่องเที่ยวสามารถเลือกซื้อลิ้นจี่ที่มีคุณภาพในราคาถูก ซึ่งลิ้นจี่พันธุ์ที่มีชื่อเสียงของจังหวัดสมุทรสงคราม คือ พันธุ์ค่อม มีลักษณะ หนังตึง หนามตั้ง เนื้อเต่ง รสชาติหวานอร่อย ไม่แฉะ โดยในปีนี้นักท่องเที่ยวยังสามารถเข้าไปชมลิ้นจี่ได้ถึงในสวน พร้อมชิมและเลือกซื้อได้จากชาวสวนโดยตรงทั่วจังหวัดสมุทรสงครามอีกด้วย 

ประชาสัมพันธ์จังหวัดสมุทรสงคราม โทร. 0 3471 4881 และ 0 3472 6963
สำนักงานเกษตรจังหวัดสมุทรสงคราม โทร. 0 3471 1711
สำนักงานพาณิชย์จังหวัดสมุทรสงคราม โทร. 0 3471 1495
ททท. สำนักงานสมุทรสงคราม โทร. 0 3475 2847-8


โครงการร่วมสืบสานศิลปวัฒนธรรมไทย สร้างสายใยให้เยาวชน ครั้งที่ 1

วัดภุมรินทร์กุฎีทอง ร่วมกับ ศูนย์ส่งเสริมการเรียนรู้ศิลปะวัฒนธรรมไทยชฎานางหุ่นกระบอก และ บ้านดนตรี สมุทรสงคราม จัดโครงการร่วมสืบสานศิลปวัฒนธรรมไทย สร้างสายใยให้เยาวชน ครั้งที่ 1 ในวันที่ 4 – 30 เมษายน 2552 ณ บ้านดนตรี สมุทรสงคราม วัดภุมรินทร์กุฎีทอง จังหวัดสมุทรสงคราม

นางสาวอังคณา  พุ่มผกา ผู้อำนวยการสำนักงาน การท่องเที่ยวแห่งประเทศไทย (ททท.) สำนักงานสมุทรสงคราม เปิดเผยว่า การจัดโครงการในครั้งนี้เพื่อสืบสานการเชิดหุ่นกระบอกให้คงอยู่สืบไป โดยเปิดสอนให้เยาวชนอายุระหว่าง 8 - 18 ปี จำนวนประมาณ 50 คน ที่มีความสนใจในด้านการเชิดหุ่นกระบอกมาเรียนรู้ตั้งแต่ขั้นตอนการทำหุ่นกระบอกและการเชิดหุ่นกระบอก เช่น การทำหัวโขน การกดลาย วิธีการนุ่งโจงกระเบน เป็นต้น โดยครูคชาภรณ์  สำราญใจ ผู้สืบสานการเชิดหุ่นกระบอก ทั้งนี้ในวันที่ 12 เมษายน 2552 จะมีการไหว้ครูโดยอาจารย์วรวินัย หิรัญมาศ หัวหน้าคณะวิชาศิลปะประจำชาติวิทยาลัยเพาะช่าง ให้เกียรติเป็นประธานอ่านโองการไหว้ครูช่าง นอกจากนี้ทาง     บ้านดนตรี สมุทรสงคราม ยังมีการสอนดนตรีไทยแก่เยาวชนที่สนใจเล่นเครื่องดนตรีไทยต่างๆ จึงขอเชิญชวนนักท่องเที่ยวที่มีใจรักในศิลปวัฒนธรรมไทยเข้ามาเยี่ยมชม ศึกษา ทดลองเล่นดนตรีไทย ทดลองทำหุ่นกระบอก และภายในวัดภุมรินทร์กุฎีทองยังมีกุฎีทอง ทำด้วยไม้สัก ซึ่งเป็นสถานที่เก็บรวบรวมโบราณวัตถุล้ำค่าสมควรแก่การศึกษาและอนุรักษ์ไว้มากมาย เช่น หนังสือไทย โถลายคราม พระพุทธรูปเก่าแก่ อายุกว่า 300 ปี เป็นต้น

ศูนย์ส่งเสริมการเรียนรู้ศิลปะวัฒนธรรมไทยชฎานางหุ่นกระบอก (ครูคชาภรณ์ สำราญใจ) 
โทร. 08 7983 1075 
หรือวัดภุมรินทร์กุฎีทอง โทร. 0 3475 14 92 

วันที่ 12 - 20 เมษายน 2552
ณ วัดเพชรสมุทรวรวิหาร จังหวัดสมุทรสงคราม

นมัสการสักการะสรงน้ำหลวงพ่อบ้านแหลม แห่นางสงกรานต์ มหรสพ

วัดเพชรสมุทรวรวิหาร โทร. 0- 471 2112 , 0 3471 5644


งานประเพณีสงกรานต์ จังหวัดสมทรสงคราม
วันที่ 13 - 15 เมษายน 2552
ณ อุทยาน ร.2 อำเภออัมพวา จังหวัดสมุทรสงคราม

การรดน้ำดำหัวผู้สูงอายุ  การสรงน้ำพระ  กิจกรรมวัฒนธรรมพื้นบ้าน  การบรรเลงดนตรีไทยเยาวชนเมืองแม่กลอง การบรรเลงดนตรีปี่พาทย์ไม้แข็ง  การบรรเลงแตรวงไทย  การแสดงละครชาตรีโบราณ  การแห่กลองยาว  การแสดงหุ่นกระบอก

อุทยานพระบรมราชานุสรณ์ พระบาทสมเด็จพระพุทธเลิศหล้านภาลัย (อุทยาน ร.2) 
โทร. 0 3475 1666, 0 3475 1376


ประวัติ / ความเป็นมา
          ชาวสวนในตำบลแควอ้อม ตำบลเมืองใหม่ อำเภออัมพวา และตำบลบางสะแก ตำบลบางกุ้ง อำเภอบางคนที ได้ปลูกลิ้นจี่กันมาเป็นเวลานานนับร้อยปีชาวสวนจึงได้รวมตัวกันจัดงานวันลิ้นจี่ขึ้นเป็นครั้งแรกในปี 2510 โดยจัดในหมู่ชาวสวนด้วยกันเอง ที่บริเวณวัดบางเกาะเทพศักดิ์ ตำบลแควอ้อม อำเภออัมพวา ทั้งนี้เพื่อให้ชาวสวนได้พบปะกันและเป็นการสร้างความสัมพันธ์อันดีระหว่างคนในท้องถิ่น และต่อมาได้แพร่หลายมากขึ้นจนเป็นที่รู้จักอย่างกว้างขวาง สถานที่จัดงานวันลิ้นจี่ก็เปลี่ยนแปลงไปตามความเหมาะสม
          การจัดงานวันลิ้นจี่ในครั้งต่อๆ มามุ่งให้ประชาชนทั่วไปสนใจพืชที่สำคัญ เช่น ลิ้นจี่ มะพร้าว พันธุ์ดก ฯลฯ ทั้งยังเป็นการเปิดโอกาสให้ประชาชนมาเที่ยวและซื้อขายผลผลิตต่างๆ ซึ่งเป็นการนำรายได้มาสู่เกษตรกรและเป็นผลดีต่อเศรษฐกิจของจังหวัดสมุทรสงคราม

          งานจะจัดขึ้นตามฤดูกาลของลิ้นจี่ ประมาณเดือนเมษายน – พฤษภาคม สามารถตรวจสอบรายละเอียดได้ที่ www.tat.or.th/festival

กิจกรรม / พิธี
          ในวันแรกของงานจะมีพิธีเปิดงาน และเปิดรับผลไม้ที่จะส่งเข้าประกวด มีลิ้นจี่พันธุ์ต่างๆ เช่น พันธุ์ไทยธรรมดา พันธุ์ค่อม พันธุ์กะโหลก และพันธุ์จีน เป็นต้น รวมทั้งผลไม้ชนิดอื่นๆ ด้วย เช่น มะม่วง กล้วยหอม ส้มโอ เป็นต้น นอกจากนี้ยังมีการประกวดธิดาชาวสวน วันที่สองเป็นการประกวดผลไม้และมอบรางวัลแก่ผู้ชนะการประกวด รวมทั้งมีการจำหน่ายลิ้นจี่และผลไม้อื่นๆ ตลอดจนสินค้าพื้นเมือง เช่น กะปิคลองโคน น้ำตาลมะพร้าว และผลผลิตทางการเกษตรอื่นๆ ด้วย


ประวัติ / ความเป็นมา
         หลวงพ่อวัดบ้านแหลม เป็นพระพุทธรูปปางประทับยืนอุ้มบาตร สูงประมาณ 167 เซนติเมตรหล่อด้วยทองเหลืองแล้งปิด ทอง ประดิษฐานอยู่ในวัดเพชรสมุทรวรวิหาร จังหวัดสมุทรสงคราม วัดเพชรสมุทรนั้นเดิมเรียกว่า “วัดบ้านแหลม” และมีชื่อในสมัยโบราณว่า “วัดศรีจำปา”
         หลวงพ่อวัดบ้านแหลม ประดิษฐานอยู่ที่วัดบ้านแหลมตั้งแต่เมื่อใดนั้นไม่ปรากฏหลักฐานแน่ชัดมีกล่าวแต่เพียงว่า ชาวบ้านแหลม เพชรบุรี ได้อพยพหนีพม่ามาตั้งบ้านเรือนอยู่ข้างวัดนี้ จึงเรียกชื่อหมู่บ้านแห่งนี้ว่า “บ้านแหลม” ตามชื่อบ้านเดิมของตน ราษฎรชาวบ้านแหลมมีอาชีพทำการประมง คราวหนึ่งออกไปจับปลาในปากอ่าวแม่กลอง ได้พระพุทธรูปติดอวนขึ้นมา 2 องค์ องค์หนึ่งเป็นพระพุทธรูปประทับนั่งได้แบ่งให้ชาวบ้านบางบูน จังหวัดเพชรบุรี ไปประดิษฐานไว้ที่วัดเขาตะเครา เรียกว่า “หลวงพ่อวัดเขาตระเครา”ส่วนอีกองค์หน